Reverse wire

jables

DON'T DO IT!!! Like you wouldn't repeatedly slam your testes in the fridge door, you'll regret it. I have one fitted, what an utter waste of money!!!! there is no depth perception, it'll look like you're right up close to what you're backing up to, only to find you could still fit a moderatly sized aircraft carrier in the gap behind you. Honestly, put it back in the box take the reciept and get your money back.......please!

Managed to tap into the pale green wire coming out of the passenger rear cluster.

I only really want it so I can have a quick glance for any hazards low down when reversing (high kerbs, posts, etc. that you can't see out the rear).

It's a Kenwood CCD-2000 hooked up to a Kenwood KVT-729DVD, looks good so far :)

Why do it off the reverse wire? Just find a permanent 12v feed - then its on all the time.

I have a brain unit to my HU in the glovebox, so i tapped into the 12v feed for that and put it on a switch. But i only ever need to switch it off if im not gonna drive the car for a while (holiday etc).

Also, i agree with your reasoning - u use mine all the time when reversing somewhere where i cant see if there's a post behind me or something - or occasionally when my rear window has steamed up and i cant be arsed waiting for it to clear up!

Managed to tap into the pale green wire coming out of the passenger rear cluster.

Same here when I did hooked up my light bar for the bike rack. Be careful though, as there are two pale green with white stripe wires down there! I tested one and it didnt work and thought I had the wrong colour til I found another the same which worked! Very dodgy! lol.