Speed trap warning

Kennydies

This sounds a bit newspaper sensationalism, if you put out a sign then you could of course be doing it to help keep speed down nothing to do with whether anything was further up the road or not.

As for flashing I think highway code says nothing from memory but on constant headlight its different, how do you determine if someone flashed for what reason and how could you prove it beyond reasonable doubt.

All sounds a bit journalistic.

I seem to remember a couple fo years ago you were not supposed to flash your lights as it could cause confusion to people - say letting someone out of a side road etc - but I think they relented a few years later and said its ok to do it - well since everybody including the Police do it!!

Although in France in means - I am about to overtake you!!

Its total bollox really, speed cameras are there to remind motorists to slow down not to catch people speeding. How can flashing your lights at someone to warn them which in turn slows them down be perverting the course of justice? I dont flash people but have slowed down when i see someone flashing, i personally dont see what all the fuss is about.

Flashing your headlights officially is purely to let other motorists know you are there. They would find it damn near, if not impossible to do anything to stop you doing it. It is not preverting the course of justice, I think we should ask them to give an example of someone being prosecuted for it. Its just scare tactics. If all else fails, you say you were flashing the car infront as they were driving dodgily. They have to prove you wrong at the end of the day! Never admit you were doing to to warn the other drivers though!

There was a case a few years ago now about the gy who was waving at drivers to warn them of a speed trap, and they tried to do him for perverting the course of justice. He got off though as they couldn't prove that the people he was waving to had any intention of breaking the law in the first place.

So basically, as long as you're not doing anything dangerous you can warn how you like. :D

To me, if you warn someone of a SAFTEY camera then they will be slowing down. As cameras are there as safety devices not money generating machines then where is the problem? If someone slows down it's safer than speeding?

If you get in trouble for warning of a potential danger then it seems a bit silly to me.

Unless of course the SAFETY Camera IS just a speed camera........