Another successful ring trip

stevie_350z

Just got back from the Nurburgring - what an awesome trip! Photos on their way.

Saw another Kuro "YYVES..."

Saw another Kuro which I think finished "KNP" a 56 plate maybe, was doing lots of laps and screeching and howling - great job! I have photos of your corners over Adenau bridge...

I also saw a white Z in the overspill field, I think it was MX08... but the Bitburger and Kolsch destroyed a lot of brain / memory cells...

Cheers!

Steve

anybody know the guy who owns a kuro coupe with the plate YVES?

I saw him going round the track and he was on the same train back as me.

There was another kuro coupe which was a 56 plate and was giving it great beans, well done that man. I have pictures of your car if you want to step forward.

Pictures will be uploaded as soon as I find that damn USB cable...

Morning Start

IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

Chunnel

IMG_0773.jpg

Petrol Station

IMG_0804.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

Porsche in the overspill - looking at the home straight

IMG_0908.jpg

Two STs in the overspill - looking at the home straight

IMG_0817.jpg

Z in the overspill

IMG_0819.jpg

Old unique BMW M1

IMG_0821.jpg

Kuro Coupe on Adenau Bridge - great work!

IMG_0870.jpg

Lovely Porker in Adenau

IMG_0908.jpg

Z in the mountains

IMG_0939.jpg

IMG_0943.jpg

3 times. The secret is taking it easy, for me. I have a video of my lap here

http://www.vimeo.com/1356019 - click the HD button to turn it off....

I drive like an excited old lady, but I always get my car back home in one piece :-)

My dad commented on me "being undertaken by a mini" - when I pointed out I was *overtaken* by a mini (on the left) and that it isn't a bloody race!

Anyone who hasn't been on the ring and talks about lap times is, well, how shall I say it....

Nice vid Stevie, I have a couple of friends who go over, one on a bike and one with a zed, they pretty much say the same think, its about the experience and getting home safely.

I notice there are plenty of vids on the tubes with people who got carried away.

aye, we saw a few accidents - thing is, if it's busy with nutters, then the general crazy factor increases and everyone starts racing which means respect for each other and the ring drops which means someone gets hurt.

I would drive harder if

(a) there was no-one else on it, esp. the ring taxis and the viper!

(B) I knew how to drive better, ie. how to handle the skidders

© I knew the car better, ie. I wish it had firmer suspension

(d) I knew the ring better, ie. is it a left or a right over that hill as I approach at 100mph?

As I'm none of these, I stand by my laps... if I was Jeremy Clarkson in a random Jag I would shag the hell out of it... bit different when it's your own... that's why there's lots of "ring hire" cars - but have you seen the excess? 6K?

Urgh!

6K :scare: that speaks volumes. I would have thought that anything like the ring would be a matter of driving within the capabilities of you andthe car and enjoying the experience.

Great respect bud B)

Now get up to Thurrock and I will thrash you round the car park :lol:

Thanks dude! You are above the ranks of the great unwashed who say "for f***s sake, couldn't you have gone faster?!" - when they have never done it...

I have had a good few beers with Citreon Saxa owners and Porsche GT3RS owners who go far faster than me but share the same great stories....

GO THERE! and take your other half, as it's the most beautiful place, not far from Cologne (Koln) etc

Or go with your mates and have a right laugh...

Thanks dude! You are above the ranks of the great unwashed who say "for f***s sake, couldn't you have gone faster?!" - when they have never done it...

I have had a good few beers with Citreon Saxa owners and Porsche GT3RS owners who go far faster than me but share the same great stories....

GO THERE! and take your other half, as it's the most beautiful place, not far from Cologne (Koln) etc

Or go with your mates and have a right laugh...

I am happy to be a spectator nowadays, eyesight and reactions arent up to it. I now lean on the pit wall and ask what the cars are :blush:

Had a Captain on an anchor handler who had a nervous breakdown after 20 years driving them, he convinced himself he was due a major incident because he hadnt ever had one.

Never crashed a car in my life ;)

Very much fancy the trip though. I will get the beers in :wacko: