Frustrating day at the dealers....

Lexx

So, I've had a few niggles with the car of late, so booked it in to get seen to, and to get a wheel allignment done at the same time.

To say it was HUGELY unsuccessful is an understatement!

1/ Wheel allignment - Ive been getting some feedback through the wheel at speed, and suspect the rear wheels are too cambered.

The mechanic took one look at my wheels and refused to do it. He said the machine they have is 10 yr old, and he couldnt guarentee that it wouldnt mark my wheels. And then he realised that they were 19"'s, and said the machine couldnt fit them anywhere.

2/ Squeeling breaks - I was told this wasnt a warranty issue, and they wouldnt investigate until the car came in for a service (in 5000 miles time!)

3/ CD player - the Bose has randomly started thinking it doesnt have CD's in it. A little annoying. I was told they would have to send the full unit off to Nissan for investigation, leaving me without a stereo for as long as it took.

Sod that. I'll suffer until I get an aftermarket unit.

4/ A/C smelling like old socks - The only thing they fixed!! But of anti fungal spray and seems to be ok.

5/ A slight squeek when going over speed bumps from the drivers side. I suspected its the ARB bushes as mentioned in other threads.

The car disapeared into the shop for 90 mins for them to investigate. They gave me the car back and simply said - You have aftermarket coilovers fitted thus you ENTIRE suspension warranty is void. ARBs, Strut braces, everything.

They then charged my £40 for them investigating it, just to tell me it needs further investigation to find the source!

I think I may have turned purple at this point.

Snatched up my keys and walked out. :rant:

Dealers, why do we bother? :rant::rant:

How aggravating, but you know that already.

There are a couple of TSB (see todays posting and link on Technical Service Bulletins) out for suspension and your description fits one of them.

My way of thinking is you want them on your side so they will help and you of course will be satisfied with the service, this may take a bit of work now in that dealership if you performed a "storm out". Suggest you try another one and plan your approach, they need to feel they are the experts and although you may be a smart customer they do this for a living and you for a hobby. Don't want to sound like a lecturer or a "Grandad" as I'm neither but it may help you get a better result on your next encounter.

it was a "polite" stormout :lol:

And it was only the reception lass that scene. I know the mechanic who works there, and he didnt dare come round the front to talk to me! :lol:

Its always the same, you actually feel like they are doing you a favour not providing a service and it seems like they take your car in just to work out a way NOT to have to do the work rather than to find the fault. Hope you get it sorted!

My way of thinking is you want them on your side so they will help and you of course will be satisfied with the service,

Zumm is onto it. Do your best Lexx to keep on side with the dealer just in case. Believe me, I know how frustrating it can be. Good luck mate. :)

I feel you pain mate. Ive had my fair share of problems with my old car and trying to get warranty work sorted when id modified it. I dont care if they cant fix my problem cos ive modified something and voided my warranty i just want to know what the problem is and then maybe ill pay to get fixed, they just dont see it that way. Have to say ive not had any dealings with Nissan service but from all the stories on here im not looking forward to it.

Not that I'm an expert but isn't vibration in the steering wheel down to the weights in the wheels? Your local garage should charge £5 - £10 per wheel to align them, might be quicker for you.

Squealing brakes - why not try a jetwash in the calipers - might just be dust build up - I had the same problem and eventually it will go away - you could try 10 medium force braking from 60mph which should help as well. Just make sure you let the brakes cool down after as well.

I have had my CD player changed at a Nissan dealer. They don't send the old unit off, that is total b'llocks! All they do, is remove the head unit, photocopy the back, fax off the serial number/model number that they photocopied to NMGB and 5 - 10 days later a new one arrives and they fit! Go back and tell them!!!

good luck with it mate hang in there - maybe try a different dealers - I know this is a pain but unfortunately thats sometimes the best thing to do? :thumbs:

Mines in for service number 2, on thursday also having recall work done - in fact check that also with them, so without Zed for 2 days - just dreading it, praying it will be back without extra scratches or rattles! :angry: