phone connector in glove compartment?

philshad

I read the post linked to and costed the kit at £ 158.31 + VAT, ok...

But the linked page did not mention JDM car compatability.

Does this kit plug into a JDM and what then, do I then need to buy the bluetooth adaptor to sit in this?

Just want to do this right first time...

Oh and does this mean then that your contacts list is stored in the car and just dials through the phone or is it just like a bluetooth headset where you press the button and say the name of the contact for the phone to figure out and dial someone else...

Sorry but I know not...

the main control unit goes underneath the floor in the upper glovebox behind the passenger. It does store the names and the voice recognition. It is for JDM cars, UK cars came with it as standard fit,

Ok, read other post, went down to car, looked under smugglers tray, theres a bit of sound deadning with a white bit of velcro on it...

Image000

Under the sound deadning is this...

Image001

In the armrest cubby is this...

Image002

need to see the end of the connector better, but to me it looks like some aftermarket kit with it having a curly cable.

Out of interest does it run up to the back of the cigarette socket between the gloveboxes as to me it looks more like a phone charge cable for a motorola or sony erricson

Ok, read other post, went down to car, looked under smugglers tray, theres a bit of sound deadning with a white bit of velcro on it...

Image000

Under the sound deadning is this...

Image001

In the armrest cubby is this...

Image002

MY JDM has exactly the same connector!

I cant tell but the wire does travel up the way, theres no space to get a hand in... Tried going via the smugglers tray but I cant feel the wire, the plastic closes too much to the metal near the centre part...

I cant see any other wires either, where would the phone block (the one with connectors either end) plug into?

I feel some trim is going to come off, just trying to get as much info as possible before that as I dont want to be doing the hokey kokey with it and end up with broken or rattly trim...

Image001.jpg bottom right hand corner as you look at the photo. Get you hand under there and see what wires you can find. On my car (Irish, doesn't come with phone pre-installed) there was two wires with plugs. One goes toward the front front someplace. Probably the stereo. And the other went to the cubby in the armrest. The control box plugs into these two wires.

Right the 2nd two pictures are completely unrelated, that is the secondary fuel sender unit which sits in the fuel tank. I think the cable runs up past the rear cig lighter.

Mikey - I think that is the standard JDM wire as it is the same in everyone I have seen.

We need to find what the Japs do with this wire, anyone going on Holiday or speak fluent japanese?

Short anwer is no it doesnt just come out, Its all one unit. Good news is its not very difficult to remove. There are two screws behind the heater controls panel (See previous how to's but its just a matter of living the coweling and pulling towards you from the gear stick leather boot) one screw below the centre ash tray and 2 screws on the outer side of the centre consol, probably hidden by the seat backs, just slide forward and you will see them.