Nervous now....

Chesterfield

Just had a tip off from the police that there is a group from the Manor estate (those near sheffield will know about it). Targetting vehicles on our estate in Chesterfield.

Whilst we were away an Audi A4 was nicked.

Aparently they are the "break the door down and swipe the keys" type of gang.

So, looks like the keys are being taken upstairs, and my katana is coming out on standby.

Before I got home the other day, the missus took a photo of two dodgy looking geezers who had pulled up at the side of our house and were looking it over.

Ill be setting up my camera and PC stuff again.

Its a set up that when it detects motion, starts taking pictures and uploading them to a web server.

Even if they nick the camera or smash the computer the images are stored on a web server for retreival later.

So much for the government being tough on crime eh? Just think - Im 19 stone, have a baseball bat and a katana, and live just 30 meters from a nice park with lots of wooded areas etc..

Guess where any moron coming upstairs for my keys is ending up.

Looks good. I think there are other imobilisers that have keycodes as well. You type in a four digit code and it lets you drive off.

type in the wrong code or "theft" code, and it lets you drive for three minutes or something.

I suppose the one saving grace I have is that the Z is a fairly uncommon car, and although highly desireable, theives would have a hard time shifting it without notice, also there are M3's and New Merc SLK AMG's parked on the same road as me, and they leave them on the drive - mines in a garage, which although they can get in with the keys, would just make it that bit more difficult than simply driving the car off the drive.

Plus, now I have taken delivery of the "emergency" tool to remove my locking wheel nuts, the car wont have any wheels on after tomorrow night. WHich may add just that little bit more difficulty for any pottential theives.

Blackjax is similar to. Just no card and you enter a code. Car can be driven of if you don't but it shuts down after a certain rev point or elapsed time. £175 inc fitting.

Always hide the car keys anyway

My company works primarily for the police and I see a lot of these sorts of reports - i.e. burglary for a car key or even worse, a burglary where they steal a load of your stuff and load it into your car and drive off. What with all the alarms and immobilisers nowadays its about the only way for scumbags to drive your car away. These reports involve all sorts of people like druggies, 14 year old scallys as well as "pro" car thieves.

My advice is to buy a decent electronic key safe and bolt it to a wall in your hall and keep all your keys in there all the time you are not using them.

Thats where the spares are all the time. I suppose we could just put the others in there at night too.

Im pretty confident that we will not be the first target on the estate, especially with at least three M3's, a couple of S4's and some new mercs on the dirves nearby, with not even a steering wheel lock on them!

Ill park a tonne and a half of Golf in front of the garage that the Z is in, disclock them both and put the keys in the safe.

Makes me mad that people just cant have decent things in life without some scumbag just taking them. It seems to be getting worse too.

Makes me mad that people just cant have decent things in life without some scumbag just taking them. It seems to be getting worse too.

Yep, some of the police stuff I see every day :scare: it really is quite depressing when you see what people generally get away with - typical example: loads of previous, multiple driving bans, involved in two accidents where people have *died*, yet still on the streets and known to be still regularly driving. HOW?!?!?! WHY!!?!?

Cant the UK just set up a vigilante organisation that police can post details of peole like this to - perhaps an anonymous PO box.

Then the matter can be taken care of, no questions asked, and the Police can rest easy knowing that they dont have to deal with folk like this again.

It would save millions Im sure. And probably save lives too.

My experience of these guys is that they're not overly arsed if there's someone in the house when they break in. This begs the question what happens when they can't find the car keys which are hidden or locked in the safe?

I'm not 19 stone and I'm a lover not a fighter - much as I love the Zed I won't be a dead or cabbaged hero to keep hold of it. :surrender:

if some breaks in and you tackle them more than likely the law will be on THEIR side,you'll get banged up for GBH or worse and they get off scot free :rant:

like digsy says if they want the keys give um up as a car can be repaired/replaced ,bit harder to repair people :scare: