Tommy Kaira Zoooooooorts

Bear1985

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got an email from an american company. HKS Hi power system - $1400 + $550 Express Delivery. Just short of a £1000.

But I have been doing some thinking about completely kitting my car out in Tommy Kaira parts, Bodykit etc

that is insanely overpriced

Its $1400 on your website too.... Do you mean the delivery costs?

1. we give discounts to club members

2. yes

Price is $1690 delivered to London. Shipping costs might vary a bit depending on the exact location it is going to.

Tommy Kaira would be a bit different in the UK.... Do it!

You would say that tho wouldnt you Rob!

Haha Im seriously considering it - 21days delivery....The mouse pointer is getting ever so closer to the buy button.

Is it secure to order parts from Japan? its from japanparts.com

I don't know what you mean mate! :teeth:

Although at those prices, the HKS does look a lot more attractive, looks like Adam is the way forward..... ;)

Hmm cheers adam.

So HKS hi Power system for about £850 or Tommy K for £1900.....

Someone please help me decide! haha.

Kinda inclined with the HKS exhaust because of the price difference.

I'd go Tommy K as no one else will have one at that price and I like expensive things :lol:

But if it doesn't sound like a Ferrari/Lambo then I'd be gutted at that price :blush:

Unfornately its never gonna have that roar of a Ferrari without the v12/v10 but it could be close to it!

Im so tempted with both! Its killing me

Get the HKS then, if you don't like it you may get £600 back for it or so. If you buy the Tommy K you will face a big hit to move it on imo :)

I like exclusive but if you are turboing it anyway do you think anyone will look at the exhaust, sure they'll hear it, but when the BOV blows or wastegate chirps surely all Zed lovers will be more interested in that!

I'd honestly by the HKS and get a big brake kit or coilovers with the difference. It's only an exhaust at the end of the day!

All my opinion......

After battling countless hours of trying to get to sleep I had enough time to think about this one!!!

Id love the Tommy K but im gonna pass on it... No particular reason other the increased cost and the reliability of the other source....

Adam where do I sign and how long does it take?!!

Cheers lads.

PS I wont be scrooge and not spend the cash surplus on my baby. Typhoon induction kit or Pipercross Viper although more tempted with the Typhoon. Silver air vents. Then rest is going on a top alarm and remote start.

:thumbs:

Are you going to spray your vents silver? Beware of the stick on alumium 'upgrades', they ping off after a while, lots of people have bought them then removed them.

Make sure that your insurance covers remote start :)

Oh really? I think they must be the stick on ones - £20 from ebay! lol

Cheers for the advice on the remote start never thought of that.

I have decided - im gonna keep the Zed forever.. till its death. :teeth:

Some people have had no probs with the vent trims, but a large number have. I bought some brushed aluminum vinyl stickers from JDM performance on here for £6. Looked great and didn't peel off :thumbs:

With regards to the insurance, if you remote start it, say on your drive to warm it up, I'd assume if someone nicked it the insurance company would wriggle out of payment. Just something to be wary of :thumbs:

Fairplay about keeping it forever!! Once you've tweaked a few things on the zed (namely, wheels, brakes, suspension, ICE and TT's) you'll have a fantastic car. And be about £20k lighter :lol:

I wasn't that impressed with the JDM ones, not the best fit> If you get the proper ones and bend them to suit the shape of the dash better then you'll find they don't lift off.

I payed £50 for the proper nissan ones originally, bent them into shape and they lifted still, luck of the draw maybe? :blush:

Oh really? I think they must be the stick on ones - £20 from ebay! lol

Cheers for the advice on the remote start never thought of that.

I have decided - im gonna keep the Zed forever.. till its death. :teeth:

Some people have had no probs with the vent trims, but a large number have. I bought some brushed aluminum vinyl stickers from JDM performance on here for £6. Looked great and didn't peel off :thumbs:

With regards to the insurance, if you remote start it, say on your drive to warm it up, I'd assume if someone nicked it the insurance company would wriggle out of payment. Just something to be wary of :thumbs:

Fairplay about keeping it forever!! Once you've tweaked a few things on the zed (namely, wheels, brakes, suspension, ICE and TT's) you'll have a fantastic car. And be about £20k lighter :lol:

I have had no problems with vent trims.... nice RSW carbon ones to go with the carbon dash and carbon main dial cover........ And matchs so well with the nismo carbon gear shift...... Mmmmmmmmm carbon!!

I wasn't that impressed with the JDM ones, not the best fit> If you get the proper ones and bend them to suit the shape of the dash better then you'll find they don't lift off.

I payed £50 for the proper nissan ones originally, bent them into shape and they lifted still, luck of the draw maybe? :blush:

paid £25 for mine from Holdcrofts. At £50 I thought they were too expensive for what they were

if you're going to be running a tt setup, surely most of the exhausts quoted in this topic are relatively useless as they are designed for n/a 350z's which require backpressure of some kind, whereas to get the best from a tt setup, you want the least restriction possible.

personally, with 2k to spend and the thoughts of the tt conversion, i'd be going to a high quality exhaust builder and having it made to whatever spec is needed, not just bolting one on.