Does every induction kit sound different ?

kashz

i was thinking on purchasing an induction kit... so my questions are does every induction kit sound the same if they dont what gives out the loudest v6 grunt ? .... its an 04 plate so im restricted from the dual ones

A bit like exhausts bud, everyone has the best one. TBH I think any of the better known ones would be pretty much the same. I have a JWT and am happy.

To look at it from the other angle, I have never heard of anyone who didnt like waht they have fitted. :D

i know what your saying bud its just no one has brought the subject up ... my bud that lives next door to me has a vr6 golf and he keeps changing his induction kit and i can hear the difference i want my z to sound more heavy and gruntier than a 2.8 lol i think the bigger the filter the more the sound so the real question is who sells the biggest filter ... im not exactly going to get any power gains but i want a big :teeth: on my face...

Its a very personal taste. I went JWT simply as one became available second hand. I have a mate with an Evo and he has a blitz metal filter which sounds like darth vadar! Hes on about trying a cotton filter as they are meant to sound quite different on an Evo. I think all cotton filters will sound pretty similar, but you may find that some others such as metal gauze will give a different note. Funny comment from my mate is that my Zed sounds more like a race car than his Evo. I told him its cos I have a real engine not just a lawn mower strapped to a whapping great turbo :lol:

I just fitted my JWT the other day onto a stock GT4.

I have read that it makes a big difference to sound but in all honesty I dont think its a major difference. It goes give a deeper growl and sounds better but its not an amazing difference.

Dont get me wrong, I would recommend one as its a nice difference but a new exhaust is required also to really bring it out.

My friend has an S2000 and it roars when it hits high revs. After the JWT was fitted to the Z its very similar.

best induction kit for a vr6 vw is a BMC CDA - that sound awesome B)

had one myself on a corrado

I was going to get one for the Zed after good writeups on the Cupra Net forums but Phil informed me the flow rates werent very good :dry:

answer = yes

I personally would not bother getting one for performance, but sound is key. I cant really comment on what sounds best as everyone has a different opinion, but the popcharger is common, as is the K&N

I was going to get one for the Zed after good writeups on the Cupra Net forums but Phil informed me the flow rates werent very good :dry:

def the weapon of choice on vee dubs and got good results over standard on our dyno days :thumbs:

def the weapon of choice on vee dubs and got good results over standard on our dyno days :thumbs:

Yeah ditto with Seat Leons/Ibiza. I can only imagine that the Zed pulls more air and although it flows enough for VAG cars, its not enough for 350z. I guess that makes sense as the highest power Leons I saw using them were 270BHP at which point it flows better than standard but maybe not as good as a pop charger or Nismo. :surrender: