Carlisle mini meet and photoshoot.

martinmac

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll take abotu 90 mins driving at steady pace to get from Glasgow to Carlisle.

Beware of mobile cam vans on bridges on M74 as you get towards Lockerbie, and theres average camera's on the 50mph roadworks at Gretna

It'll take abotu 90 mins driving at steady pace to get from Glasgow to Carlisle.

Beware of mobile cam vans on bridges on M74 as you get towards Lockerbie, and theres average camera's on the 50mph roadworks at Gretna

And a lot of unmarked police cars :surrender:

my plan then is to bash up the A68 toward hexham, and i'll meet up with everyone heading over from the civilised side of the world ;)

any suggestions where we can meet up????

Dave

(now in slight car wash panic!!!)

my plan then is to bash up the A68 toward hexham, and i'll meet up with everyone heading over from the civilised side of the world ;)

any suggestions where we can meet up????

Dave

(now in slight car wash panic!!!)

ESR :lol::lol::lol::lol:;)

hahaha one step ahead of you guys on the car wash panic.... i megs 3 stepped my car last week so a simple wash should see me all nice and shiny.... :p dying to wash my car tho... my pot of dodo juice diamond white came through yesterday so im aching to give it a blast... :p

-ho

dave j..... me thinks me,lexxed and big phil are meeting somewhere on the a69.... think me and lexxed just agreed on the first lay by as soon as you get past corbridge....so if u fancy that??? or any better suggestions... cos im coming from cramlington so the opposite direction to u bud...

-ho

as long as stanski doesnt run away to build a castle in the highlands.

he was getting very attached to this lovely country yesterday!!!

or he may hook up with the receptionist in the hotel!

OI!!!!!! just catching up here!! Just because I want to live in your part of the world - with my freshly ground axe in the boot of the Zed! In case I get hassle from the natives! :lol:

Anyway the receptionist in the hotel was just stunning!!! Speaking as a photographer of course! Damn .... I want to drive back to Edinburgh! :cry:

So whats the bottom line Uncle Mart where are we meeting up which junction no and what time please - it takes me about 1.5 hours to get to Carlisle turn off roughly from sunny Bury? :)

We still having a stop for grub etc?

But saying that even metcheck who i trust more than the BBC sez

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=carlisle&day=3

it's got the potential of being another uncle martin's moist meets! (i claim copyright on that)

well, looks like there's a big layby after each of the junctions for corbridge, how's about the the first one just after the A68, now we just need to agree a time!

Dave

Thats where me and Ho where planning on meeting.

I reckon on 1145 ish? Gives us time to allow for getting stuck behind caravans on the A69. And then time to find the meeting place at the other end!

Think Mart is driving home today so I am sure he will postup the specifics - just looked at the Map - A69 crosses the M6 - so I recon thats the junction I will be getting off - is this layby anywhere around there folks ??

:scare::rant::snorkel::sorry:

NOT AGAIN :wacko:

Ah well, its only a forecast. Will sort out somewhere dry to retreat to where the wine isnt £6 per glass :lol:

Stan, I will meet you at the M6 services just north of Tebay if you want, will give you a ring tomorrow as Nissan have my car. Will post up some more info when i have washed the car.

Soaked at the Lakes meet, soaked at the Wales meet..... anyone spot a trend here :oops:

:scare::rant::snorkel::sorry:

NOT AGAIN :wacko:

Ah well, its only a forecast. Will sort out somewhere dry to retreat to where the wine isnt £6 per glass :lol:

Stan, I will meet you at the M6 services just north of Tebay if you want, will give you a ring tomorrow as Nissan have my car. Will post up some more info when i have washed the car.

Soaked at the Lakes meet, soaked at the Wales meet..... anyone spot a trend here :oops:

your soaked now???? :p

Its a roadster thing - had mine for 3 weeks without opening the roof, before it stopped raining and 1 month after I got my MR2 roadster !! :wacko:

My theory is they are actually rain making machines from the future disguised as cars - no stick with me - we dont know it yet but the world end ups looking very dull and boring - bit like Milton Keynes, so people from the future are trying to solve the problem now before its too late - see simple innit! :p

Ok Mart meet you at the Tebay services - let me know the time please?

Whats the latest list of people who have confirmed as actually turning up?