Anyone here had the £4800 Stillen supercharger conversion

matth76

Hi

Saw this article http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarr ... _350z.html

Has anyone here had the £4800 Stillen supercharger conversion? What kind of power output did your car put down on the rolling road. Does it make your car "feel" much quicker or is it barely noticable, ie is it worth it? Did the £4800 include everything required including the vital ECU remap etc?

Are there other cheaper but equally as good supercharger conversions available?

Thanks for any info.

With so many questions be carefull, sarnie spots ya and you'v had it, :lol: !

Dont no no one wth that mod, was a feature in a jap mag a while ago, a red zed, with it fitted, alot of money for from what i can see not to much gain personally, TT all the way ! :lol:

Does anyone here have the Vortech supercharger conversion? I know this is a roots type charger that produces power higher up the rev range as opposed to the Stillen screw type which has power low down the rev range. Any other kits to consider?

The ugly bonnet puts most off

The ugly bonnet as you put it, is rather necessary to house the super charger though. ;)

They actually look a lot better in person, not a very good shot but this 350 belongs to a friend of mine, who's running the full Stillen setup, he's had over 20,000kms of full race driven kms, being driven at full throttle the whole time. This photo was taken almost 2 years ago.

One thing I've noticed with his car, obviously being a full blown race car the bonnet is up and down every pitstop, the bonnet is looking a wee bit tired in a few areas.

DSCF5715.jpg

The ugly bonnet puts most off

The ugly bonnet as you put it, is rather necessary to house the super charger though. ;)

They actually look a lot better in person, not a very good shot but this 350 belongs to a friend of mine, who's running the full Stillen setup, he's had over 20,000kms of full race driven kms, being driven at full throttle the whole time. This photo was taken almost 2 years ago.

One thing I've noticed with his car, obviously being a full blown race car the bonnet is up and down every pitstop, the bonnet is looking a wee bit tired in a few areas.

DSCF5715.jpg

Thanks for all your replies. Bronzee, do you know what kind of wheel horse power your friend's car put down with the Stillen supercharger? I've heard it is around 300whp. I'm not sure what this equates to at the flywheel though - around 350-360bhp I estimate? Will a late 2007 bonnet (with the new bulge) accomodate the supercharger or would it still require modifying?