Thanks to big Phil

leon britton

It's stupid internet speak for people that can't be arsed to type or can't spell or are 13.

I stick with a :lol: or if it's really funny :lol::lol:

Saves confusion! :teeth:

PMSL :lol::lol:

How old does that make me? :p

premature :lol::p

He's the best trader for Z parts in UK..cant wait for the website to go live! :thumbs:

would have to disagree mate, he is good but there others out there who are equally as good, for example nemesis and kudos are just as good and in parts even better :blush: I had a great time when I was at ESR and they were very helpful but one of the problems I had was knowing the actual prices of stuff, kept changing from day to day as well as quotes for work they gave me. What I was quoted and what the final bill came to were two completely different things :blush: the work was spot on nether-the-less and they are still offer a great service, just found it hard to find the connection between the price quoted and the price actually charged. On a positive note they do spend time listening to things you want and questions and sourcing products for you, and hospitality up there is great make you feel really welcomed :thumbs:

Very dissapointed you feel the way you do and also confussed that you have not spoken to me if there was an issue with the final bill against any quotes given.

We are not in the habit of giving misleading quotes but in defence a number of things changed in relation to the planned work most of which was not charged at the full rate, as an example the fitting of the exhaust system which required substantial modification of the rear valance, we also made no charge for fitting the brake kit due to our mistake in not getting the kit to you on time for fitting at your end.

If there is any problem at all please just call me, we are here to listen and rectify any issues, if we have made a mistake we will hold our hands up.

Well i am over the flippin moon with exhaust ,price quoted was the price paid.First class service just ordered more bits yday turned up just now.Def more bits to order first class, oh and by the way had Db test at Goodwwod yday and it is 89Db so really pleased,just gonna go back in my dark hole and figure out next things to buy :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

He's the best trader for Z parts in UK..cant wait for the website to go live! :thumbs:

would have to disagree mate, he is good but there others out there who are equally as good, for example nemesis and kudos are just as good and in parts even better :blush: I had a great time when I was at ESR and they were very helpful but one of the problems I had was knowing the actual prices of stuff, kept changing from day to day as well as quotes for work they gave me. What I was quoted and what the final bill came to were two completely different things :blush: the work was spot on nether-the-less and they are still offer a great service, just found it hard to find the connection between the price quoted and the price actually charged. On a positive note they do spend time listening to things you want and questions and sourcing products for you, and hospitality up there is great make you feel really welcomed :thumbs:

Very dissapointed you feel the way you do and also confussed that you have not spoken to me if there was an issue with the final bill against any quotes given.

We are not in the habit of giving misleading quotes but in defence a number of things changed in relation to the planned work most of which was not charged at the full rate, as an example the fitting of the exhaust system which required substantial modification of the rear valance, we also made no charge for fitting the brake kit due to our mistake in not getting the kit to you on time for fitting at your end.

If there is any problem at all please just call me, we are here to listen and rectify any issues, if we have made a mistake we will hold our hands up.

I have called Phil, Ive waited 9 weeks now for an itemised bill of what exactly Ive been charged for which you said you guys would email me. Also when your son gave me a run down of things over the phone it included I was going to be charged twice for brake kit and he said 2 hours to make the bonnet shut which I told you to leave and yet I still got charged. I also got charged for fitting brake kit which you said would be free as I waited ages for it. Also was told £50 an hour labour charge and then I got told after work was done that you times this by 2 as there were 3 of you and also another £80 charge cos you had a master mechanic also working on it. Prices you said in shop were not matching up to prices he told me over phone.But like I said its fine, car is sold water under the bridge, just learnt my lesson to get everything written and agreed before starting work on it. As said for advice and for the actual work you cant be faulted, hopefully when prices go up on the internet it will stop price confusion. That was my only comment mate and perhaps something that can be improved on at ESR.

I have called Phil, Ive waited 9 weeks now for an itemised bill of what exactly Ive been charged for which you said you guys would email me. Also when your son gave me a run down of things over the phone it included I was going to be charged twice for brake kit and he said 2 hours to make the bonnet shut which I told you to leave and yet I still got charged. I also got charged for fitting brake kit which you said would be free as I waited ages for it. Also was told £50 an hour labour charge and then I got told after work was done that you times this by 2 as there were 3 of you and also another £80 charge cos you had a master mechanic also working on it. Prices you said in shop were not matching up to prices he told me over phone.But like I said its fine, car is sold water under the bridge, just learnt my lesson to get everything written and agreed before starting work on it. As said for advice and for the actual work you cant be faulted, hopefully when prices go up on the internet it will stop price confusion. That was my only comment mate and perhaps something that can be improved on at ESR.

All points taken Jay and as I have said I am happy to discuss any issues you have and will resolve them to your satisfaction.

Not sure were some of the info you have listed on labour rates comes from but we have a standard rate of 50 per hour no fluctuatins regardless of who was working on the car.

The total hours worked came to 35 hours which we charged no where near to that.

As I have said please call me, no one is infallible and if we have made a mistake then I will post it on the open forum.

From my past experiences with Phil and the lads at ESR I must say they have always been very helpful and the price was definitely fair for what they did. They also managed to find a way to correct something on the suspension of my car that other garages that I spoke to had no idea about other than replacing costly parts.

Hell, Phil even offered to take his car apart to look at something for my car as it was un driveable and I could not get it up to him.

Im not trying to win an ass kissing competition but i really must say that the service *I* encountered was second to none.

Hope you guys sort thing out :thumbs:

All points taken Jay and as I have said I am happy to discuss any issues you have and will resolve them to your satisfaction.

Not sure were some of the info you have listed on labour rates comes from but we have a standard rate of 50 per hour no fluctuatins regardless of who was working on the car.

The total hours worked came to 35 hours which we charged no where near to that.

As I have said please call me, no one is infallible and if we have made a mistake then I will post it on the open forum.

According to your son he told me that the master mechanic was £80 an hour which I was not aware of before. Appreciate you wanting to resolve it now, but as said its water under the bridge and the car is sold now. Cheers anyhow

I think you should give Phil a chance to resolve it Zedrush seeing as the points you have made have been made open to the forum and it's only fair that Phil is given every chance to sort it out rather than saying it doesn't matter now as the car is sold. Afterall it's his reputation you are talking about and everyone should be given the chance to put things right and defend it.

I think you should give Phil a chance to resolve it Zedrush seeing as the points you have made have been made open to the forum and it's only fair that Phil is given every chance to sort it out rather than saying it doesn't matter now as the car is sold. Afterall it's his reputation you are talking about and everyone should be given the chance to put things right and defend it.

Not being funny mike but I get fed up with calling and calling and waiting and yeh Ill email it to you and yeh will let you know when parts is coming in. I understand they are busy and have a lot on but would be nice to have at least an invoice listing what I paid for as it caused controversy on an item part that they originally said I paid for then when they couldnt get it in stock and I asked for my money back they said I hadnt paid for???

I was just giving my experience. You didnt say anything to Digsy when he had problems with Envy to call them and resolve it. Its now in the past as said car is sold and Id rather just leave it at that, but at least give me the freedom to give my experience. That is after all what a forum is about isnt it???

Not being funny mike but I get fed up with calling and calling and waiting and yeh Ill email it to you and yeh will let you know when parts is coming in. I understand they are busy and have a lot on but would be nice to have at least an invoice listing what I paid for as it caused controversy on an item part that they originally said I paid for then when they couldnt get it in stock and I asked for my money back they said I hadnt paid for???

I was just giving my experience. You didnt say anything to Digsy when he had problems with Envy to call them and resolve it. Its now in the past as said car is sold and Id rather just leave it at that, but at least give me the freedom to give my experience. That is after all what a forum is about isnt it???

+1 it is what a forum is about and all experiences via a trader, good or bad should be allowed to be aired..... its not personal, its called feedback :thumbs:

but i do see what mike is saying, maybe you should allow phil to resolve it

I don't disagree with what you saying Zedrush. You have issues and yes they should be resolved. I'm trying to expalin that just because in your words 'water under the bridge and the car is sold now' that it doesn't matter. It clearly does matter to both parties involved.

Envy is another topic, lets keep this one on topic :)

We will make no further comments on this issue as it is obvious we will not have the opportunity to make a case without it appearing to be tit for tat which serves no real purpose for anyone.

We stand by our offer to resolve any issues and will post publicly the outcome be that in our favour or not.

It is not in our interest to ignore any customer who has a grieviance hence the offer to discuss.

Should Jay wish to do this via an independant party (moderator) to ensure a factual conclusion we are happy tp comply with this.

We will make no further comments on this issue as it is obvious we will not have the opportunity to make a case without it appearing to be tit for tat which serves no real purpose for anyone.

We stand by our offer to resolve any issues and will post publicly the outcome be that in our favour or not.

It is not in our interest to ignore any customer who has a grieviance hence the offer to discuss.

Should Jay wish to do this via an independant party (moderator) to ensure a factual conclusion we are happy tp comply with this.

You could always call him... ;)

I don't disagree with what you saying Zedrush. You have issues and yes they should be resolved. I'm trying to expalin that just because in your words 'water under the bridge and the car is sold now' that it doesn't matter. It clearly does matter to both parties involved.

Envy is another topic, lets keep this one on topic :)

Fair enough mate but reason why I say water under the bridge is because if Phil wanted to solve it, why not have it solved when I called countless times before?? Why has it taken till now once Ive said on open forum to do something about it. I really have let it go now and really cant be arsed to go through it all again. If he wants to resolve it then he can start by emailing me an invoice for that saturday on parts and labour. As that will explain everything but without that there remains a lot of questions unanswered. he doesnt need a phone call for that?

No disrespect Phil but as said you are nice guy and made me feel very welcome on that saturday as previous post will have shown, so no hard feelings, but on a business level as said, if you could of emailed me an itemised bill that I have been waiting for a while now, then that would of laid rest the idea in my head of prices being pulled out from thin air. Unless it was a communication problem between you and Andrew? As thats the only conclusion I can come to. Car is sold now so no need for invoice as money has been spent and Ive moved on. Just simply stating my experience. Which I hope and probably sure noone else has experience with you......

Im sure when Phils new website is launched any price confusions will be cleared up.

Also, Zedrush as u said this is just a one off incident and usually Phils service is excellent. So hoping that your feedback can be seen in positive light and used by ESR to improve its customer service further.

And with that, can i request that admin lock the post (unless any objections?)