miles to km is this correct?

dazzerbone

just put a deposit down on an imported 350z. the dash says it has done 40k roughly and it was advertised at 28 or 30k i cant quite remember when i asked him about it he said the way it works is that when it comes over those km's stay the same but get changed to miles and he showed me that it had done 23km so when you actually work it out it is what he advertised it for.

is this correct? he seemed trustworthy and if so is there no way of getting it converted to read the correct amount in miles rather than part km part miles?

cheers guys

Yup, you should get a JUMVEA that states the mileage in KM when it was put up for auction and your first MOT should have the mileage in KM on it (mine does). When SVA get thier hands on it they will stick a black stocker over the K on the speedo and convert it from KM to Miles. Your mileage can't be clocked back so that it shows the mileage in miles because this would be illegal, so the first 23,000 will be KM and every mile after that will be miles.

So 14,291 miles for your 23,000 km add to that 17,000 miles and the car has done just over 31,000 miles.

Took me a while to get my head round it at first as well :)

your mileage can be amended if it's done with the correct paperwork etc but the clocks have to be sent away (well mine did anyway). Mine had the original km mileage converted into miles so there is no working out to do from KM's to miles now - it costs about £100.

edit: a basic quick google search and found one company that does this easy enough http://www.mvi-services.co.uk/speedos.php