1st to 2nd G/box issue

thane

evenin folks, ive had the car for over a week and in that time it is getting harder to select 2nd from 1st smoothly (without crunches or struggling to engage). I've seen that this is a known problem, but seeing as my car is on a 53 plate and sold to me under nissans approved used car scheme via Harrats at wakefield, shouldn't it be covered under their 30 day warranty?

also, the bose cd player has started doing the cd skiiping trick, and bizzarley switching to easy fm at randomn times (no traffic info on).

if the car isnt going to be fixed by nissan, then i will have to look into what other options i have, as surely any car sold with a dodgy gearbox is not right?

Definately contact the aftersales people ASAP.

I found in my previous that slowing down the change from first to second improves things HOWEVER if it's a synchro problem then it should be fixed.

The skipping bose is just bloody annoying. Also a known issue to Nissan - although they seem to deny it!

So, I hope it's all covered!

Either reject the car immediately as not fit for purpose , or insist on a full repair (with a loan car ) ... you have every right to expect this from a dealer ,(whether it is a Nissan dealer or otherwise ) :)

ps just quote sale of goods act 1979, and put everything in writing :thumbs:

Either reject the car immediately as not fit for purpose , or insist on a full repair (with a loan car ) ... you have every right to expect this from a dealer ,(whether it is a Nissan dealer or otherwise ) :)

section 13 sub section 6 ;)

+1 - may sound overkill, but it is worth it.

+1 - may sound overkill, but it is worth it.

+2

did as you guys suggested this morning, and they rung me back after 5 mins and agreed to do the work. I mentioned to them about having known about this issue with the box and have they done it before, they said yes and will start work next tuesday! they also said that a replacement bose cd may take a little longer, but would be coming from france! i seem to recall reading on here that i shouldnt accept a refurbed unit, and to ask for one from holland (?) which I did and the guy said he would look into it.

having got all this agreed, is it worth me sourcing a replacement clutch and asking for them to fit that while the box is out? the car has done 54k and just wondering that is this the best time to get it done or will it last another good 40-50k?

thanks for the comments guys, nice to be on a forum full of helpful chaps, and not like some of the lesser forums out there :thumbs:

looks like the clutch is a go-er, what and where is the best clutch? would really be looking to order tomoro and get delivered asap really.

bigphil is probably the best place to start. No doubt that is what martin has put in the pm :)

rite, an update for you guys:

took car to the stealers on sat, started work on tue. was told today that the synchros are badly worn on 1st and 2nd and will be replaced. they are now trying to source the replacements before tomorrow as I will be on my hols from monday throguh til weds 11th june. prob not going to see the car til then while parts come in, plus waiting on new cd player. really getting a bit peeved now so I am starting to think about asking for my money back and forgetting the car again! really cant be doing with this and would rather have a newer car anyway, so is it worth drawing a line under this and call it a day? im already out of pocket the cost of a new clutch plus all the trips there and back?

Not the best market to be selling in and at least you will have a car with fresh parts on it that you know should be good for a long while. Plus you never know what you might pick up. Your shout, but not a great deal to be gained IMO. :)

will have to see how things go, got too much on right now for the aggro plus just want a car, not a rubbish micra!

they have offered my a years full warranty for £330 covering everything apart from consumables, like the manufacturers warranty on new cars. will have to see...

• 1 month later...

update:

car has been back to the stealers TWICE now to have these problems fixed, first time took 4 weeks (waiting for new bose stereo) - they didnt tell me the second key would need synchronising until i tried to load my stuff with it when i got there!

second time was a week on sat to sort the gearbox out again and get the exhaust sat right and find out why i was getting alot of vibration through the gearstick at high rev (4-5k+) AND why i was now occasionally not being able to find 6th (no crunches, just cant seem to get it all the way in the gate).

picked it up yesterday and it seems that they've nearly cracked the 1st-2nd issue (still not perfect but hugely better) but still occasionally cant get 6th and have been told the vibration is normal on zed's.

at this point ive had enough of a 160 mile round trip to this garage and want to call it a day, can i refuse to accept it as they have tried twice now to fix it, or get them to buy it back or just exchange it for another similar zed? it was sold under their approved scheme and should be eligible for exchange within 30 days, and seeing as theyve had the car the same amount of time ive had it.

i must say they have been proper pants, really has put me off nissan