Tomtom help for a noob please.

Renegade

I have bought a tomtom one v3 regional today everything seems good I have the software on my pc etc.My question can I only programme 1 destination. I would like to put in chester, the pub the next place etc but only seem to be only able to do one thing.Do you just put the next point in as you reach the first. ?

I don’t have a TomTom One, but if it is the same as my TomTom Go, you will have to use the itinerary feature (its on the third menu page). It’s not great, but it works.

No itinerary page on this it seems,that is what I was looking for.It is no biggie as it will hardly get used I got it for the speed camera locations really on the way down to wales and back.It will come in handy for a few golf excursions this year too.

I'm still hoping that one day they catch up to google maps. Its so easy to add waypoints, telling it to either go past, or that you are stopping there. Much easier when you are trying to plan a trip through rural Wales ;)

I'm still hoping that one day they catch up to google maps. Its so easy to add waypoints, telling it to either go past, or that you are stopping there. Much easier when you are trying to plan a trip through rural Wales ;)

You can use Google Maps and TT ITN files to plan a route. It's a bit complex to describe, but a piece of cake when you get used to it:

1. Using Google Maps, plot your route BUT DON'T USE EXACT PLACE/ROAD NAMES. Instead, click on a small piece of road near each junction/road you want to be on. This will give you the LatLong co-ords in the destination bar at the top of the screen, and this is what you want.

2. Using the TT, go to the itinerary screen and select New. Start entering your co-ords in order, from start to destination. This bit can be a bit awkward, as GM gives you the co-ords without the N/E/S/W designation that TT uses. You'll need to simply guess which one you need to select to get the right part of the country (unless you know exactly how to translate them, which I don't). Basically I always leave the first half of the co-ord (latitude) as default (which I think is N), and then change the second half (longitude) to the other one. However, this is very much dependant on what part of the country you're in, and you'll have to confirm it on the map afterwards. Usually TT throws up an error if you've got it wrong, so you just pick the other one.

Anyone lost yet?!

3. You then need to take every co-ord you've entered (apart from the start and finish) and mark them as a waypoint. On the main list of them, simply tap each one and select 'mark as waypoint'. Job's a carrot.

To give you an example, here's the GM of my route in France for my LeMans trip next month:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&hl=en ... +Voyageurs)&daddr=D6+%4048.195620,+0.203510+to:72460&sll=48.205571,0.225048&sspn=0.082257,0.22934&ie=UTF8&z=7

Sorry, phpBB doesn't let that be a clicky, you'll have to copy + paste it into your browser :( See the co-ords in the top right? That's what you want. The reason for doing this is that GM will take you a different route to TT sometimes, so you need to be as exact as you can bear when putting in the co-ords. If anyone really wants further help on this, either PM me and I'll try to clarify stuff, or if there's a big enough demand I guess I could do a YouTube video of it.

Anyway, hope that helps a bit.