Gallery Gaskets, not sure if they have been done

SW66TTT

I have a 2010 car with 70k miles on the clock, it drives absolutely fine no issues but I'm getting a bit paranoid about the gallery gaskets, I've looked back through the receipts I got with the car and no mention of gallery gaskets.  I bought the car from a small dealer in Birmingham and he said the guy he got it from had changed to a Nismo so wondered if hes on here or any other previous owners on here.  It mentions on a few of the receipts John Wood in 2019 and Andrew Darbyshire in 2020.  Reg is LJ10 DEL, pearl white.

The only definitive way to know if the gaskets have been done if you don't have a receipt is to either hook up an independent oil pressure gauge and check, or to pull the front timing covers off mate. 

I've just done an oil pressure test.  when first starting the car it shot up to 95psi then gradually dropped as the car warmed up, once warned up at idle it was around 30psi, at 2k rpm it was around 60psi, is that normal?

Thanks

18 minutes ago, SW66TTT said:

I've just done an oil pressure test.  when first starting the car it shot up to 95psi then gradually dropped as the car warmed up, once warned up at idle it was around 30psi, at 2k rpm it was around 60psi, is that normal?

Thanks

Bang on. Same on my HR 350 with sorted gallery gaskets.

On 10/02/2024 at 16:02, SW66TTT said:

Thanks

Sounds healthy to me 

• Like 1