Smoke from exhaust - diagnosis

eyespied

Hi everyone,

I've been having some issues with my 03 Zed lately - the car was misfiring, so I replaced all the spark plugs first and about 2 weeks later the coil packs and that seemed to solve the issue. I noticed in one/two of the spark plug wells there was quite a bit of oil. I cleaned this out and since the replacement of the coil packs I've been getting extreme amounts of smoke from the exhaust. I know this could either be white smoke (e.g. coolant) or blue smoke (oil). I took a video but can't 100% identify what type of smoke it is.

I've heard it's pretty rare for head gaskets to go on these, so I'm assuming replacing the valve cover gaskets/rocker covers could solve this issue if there's a leak?

Coolant level looks okay as well and the car hasn't had any overheating problems.

Any help would be really appreciated!

Were the spark plug tubes full of oil prior to doing the spark plugs? If so, did you get it out or just remove the plug & allow the oil to get into the cylinders? I've had this on an older V6 engine & it took a bit of a run out for it to burn off.

45 minutes ago, mr v6 said:

Were the spark plug tubes full of oil prior to doing the spark plugs? If so, did you get it out or just remove the plug & allow the oil to get into the cylinders? I've had this on an older V6 engine & it took a bit of a run out for it to burn off.

Prior to replacing they had oil in them yes - I've given it a light runs to see if it would clear up but no such luck. I cleaned it up but its still smoking.

Edited by eyespied