Modified car insurance

RobD7

I've read all the posts on here and can't see much info around who's best to use for modified insurance.

My only mod when the car arrives will be my Nismo kit, following this I will make more mods, e.g. wheels, exhaust, etc...

At the moment the best quote I've had is from Adrian Flux. So far no one else has given a remotely decent quote (below £1k - because of the body kit). I also want to make sure the insurance cover like for like mods, I've had it before where they will insure you with the mod but if the car was stolen they wouldn't reinburse you for the mods!!

Any suggestions/recommendations greatly appreciated... :thumbs:

I have already tried the comparison sites but quotes with mods don't seem to be an option on most of them or the figures they come back with are stupid!

Oh and I have 8 years no claims hence I think just under £1k is a bit steep!!

Hello,

I was having ~1k quotes too, with 7 yr ncb! Found a few places eventually though.

Greenlight (who were really good on my last car - heavily moded) came close on the 350z - they also do optional track day top-up insurance at a good price which is worth considering it that's your thing.

If your Z is an import that'll up the premium a bit, Admiral ended up best for my import although don't cover cost of replacing any mods (but will insure the car with them on).

Steve

Just renewed mine through Sky Insurance...guy called Luke there. Spot on service and a fantastic price!!! Think we get a club discount as well although could be wrong. Well worth a call at the least. :thumbs:

Another vote for Admiral. Dont cover the mods for replacement, but given we can source the aftermarket stuff cheaper than OEM, I dont see that as being much of problem ;) Got a multicar premium atm and it was £800 for both the Zed and the missus corsa with both of us on both cars and me on the Zed with 20k business miles/year. And no foreigner that you cant understand in teh call centre, just some nice helpful Welsh people :teeth:

Another vote for Admiral. Dont cover the mods for replacement, but given we can source the aftermarket stuff cheaper than OEM, I dont see that as being much of problem ;) Got a multicar premium atm and it was £800 for both the Zed and the missus corsa with both of us on both cars and me on the Zed with 20k business miles/year. And no foreigner that you cant understand in teh call centre, just some nice helpful Welsh people :teeth:

Have to agree Admiral are good. I had been with them for the last 5 or so years and have had no problems at all but only changed this year due to the car having it's bodywork done and having a fair chunk of mods on it now. :blush:

Thanks for the info guys :)

I'll try all those insurance companies you named. Re Sky Insurance, have already tried them but they can't compete combining my age of 27 and a £30k+ car.

Will let everyone know how I get on as reckon this info is useful for all obviously acknowledging everyone's circumstances are different...

Re not covering like for like mod, that means if I crash my nismo kit wouldn't be covered which would hurt too much!!

Ahhhhhhhhhh!! This is a nightmare! :rant:

Greenlight won't insure me because the car is over £30k, Chaucer won't insure me because I'm under 28 (even if I was over 28 they weren't very competitive).

Adrian Flux it is then simply because they're the only one who can insure me for under £1k! Along with road tax this car is proving rather an expensive choice! :scare:

Still, only live once! :teeth:

Chaucer won't insure me because I'm under 28 (even if I was over 28 they weren't very competitive).

Thats odd. Im 23 & they insured me

Really!? How does that work!? :wacko:

Do you mind me asking what broker you went through? It was the broker who told me about the 28 thing! :angry:

Chaucer won't insure me because I'm under 28 (even if I was over 28 they weren't very competitive).

Thats odd. Im 23 & they insured me

Really!? How does that work!? :wacko:

Do you mind me asking what broker you went through? It was the broker who told me about the 28 thing! :angry:

You have PM :thumbs:

Sorry I know I'm banging on but this is amazing, just had a quote for £10,009 from a company called ERS Reserved PC (god knows who they are)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry I know I'm banging on but this is amazing, just had a quote for £10,009 from a company called ERS Reserved PC (god knows who they are)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol: