MG-SV R's going cheap

MarkW

Interesting Alternative.

http://www.mgsv-club.co.uk/wyleshardy.htm

Being auctioned off at the moment. 400bhp 5.0 Litre, 0-60 in under 5 secs, carbon composite body and £82,950 new.

Probably pick one up for under £30k. Ridiculous price new, but better value now.

One went past me on the M42 the other week and looked impressive. Dont know what the deal is with parts and after sales support / servicing though :scare:

Ive been in the normal SV and its very impressive!

Part wise, you may struggle a bit, however the guys on the SV forums know their stuff and there is one guy, i forget his name, who has pretty much all parts and can fit them for you, bit like the bigphil of this forum.

They are stunning cars and sound awesome.

Here are some pics of the one i went it...

sv4.jpg

sv3.jpg

sv2.jpg

sv1.jpg

who makes those............ :blush:
No one any more!

It used to be xpower (SnR) the sport and racing division of MG, however after it all went to the pan, they stopped production. This was one contribution to the company going under, that and something to do with the TVR engine block blueprints and contract going elsewhere? I forget though the exact details

I do like and I did consider before getting my Zed but the parts / service etc etc put me off, as did the price... But now there down to 30k they make for an interesting purchase...

My old man is in the market for a new motor.... I may have to push him away from the Jag....

That's a bit harsh. I have been through a couple of rovers and the only problems I had with them was the alternator going. My wife had a 416 for a while that was basically a Honda Civic with rover badges on it.

Nothing amazing but decent cheap motoring and they didn't have silly square shaped sump plugs like French cars, and were a lot more reliable :D