Pioneer head unit, no sound

Had this issue recently when fitting a head unit with @PlanGT - can you recall/have photos of what we did?

OP, do you definitely have power to the Bose amp remote switch on?

IIRC when we did it first time, the blue and white “amplifier remote turn on” wire was just spare (this was on a Sony unit), so the amp was not coming on with ignition. There was no obvious wire in the car’s loom to get power from, so, in the end we grabbed a multimeter and worked through wires in the loom to find ‘ignition on’ power, which we then spliced into the “ amplifier remote turn on”. Worked a treat after that. 

• Like 1

@Stutopia is correct, the first time we rigged everything we had no power to the Bose amp and no sound. On the InCarTec harness used, there was a blue and white cable labelled "Amplifier Remote turn on" with a bullet connector on the end. This needs to be connected to a power source that comes on with the ignition. Be careful as I recall there's an empty female bullet connector on a yellow cable which is live all the time - this will drain your battery if you use it (but would make things work...).

Unfortunately I can't remember exactly which power wire we spliced into so a multimeter is your friend in this situation 😁

The cable that was not connect and the cause of no sound.

PXL_20230218_154339039.jpg.acd287976f8274378fa080515d162fe3.jpg

This is the one that I believe was live all the time.

PXL_20230218_154510204.jpg.cff0b8830d590a939529c9fdcbbf0ddc.jpg

Edited by PlanGT

After some further investigation I believe this was the wire I ended up splicing in to for ignition power. But this is again the InCarTec harness so maybe slightly different to what you have.

263138960_PXL_20230218_1545102042.jpg.67d2cacfdbe9f6fe886f36142914a48b.jpg