Hello to you all

Hi,

Just wanted to say a hello to everyone as I'm a new 350z owner.

I also wanted to ask for some help. I bought an import 2004 350z 2 weeks ago and the climate control doesn't work. It only has two temperatures 18 and 32 ( a wee bit warm) Any ideas what this could be? (I had an alarm fitted and I hope something has just been disconnected!)

I absolutely love the car to pieces. She really is lovely, I'm just terrified to leave it anywhere.

Nice to know there are some fellow 350Z owners out there, all the ones on the road near here seem a bit snotty!

Many Thanks

Bob

Hi Bob :welcome: to the forum!

Only been here a couple of weeks myself but pretty cool forum! Had my car about the same time and I love mine as well, especially the noise!

:teeth:

Can't help you with the CC question but sure someone will be along soon who can as there's a wealth of technical info on here :D

Seeing as your from the NW, get yourself on here......

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1357

Welcome

Imported 350Z’s don’t come with an alarm or immobilizer as not required in Japan.

The importer will have had (at the very least) fitted an immobilizer (UK requirement for the SVA test) could be a transponder type on your key ring.

I had a Toad alarm that opens the doors and has a built in immobilizer fitted for around £280. (With reduction in insurance cost)

The heater unit is on a dial so you say it doesn’t work when you turn it?

If it was the AC then it could need regassing.

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies. The AC does work in a fashion, it certainly cools the car down but it doesn't differeniate between 18 and 32 degress. Either freezing or boiling! I can take it back tio the importer but they are miles away from me.

It has an immobilizer and now a cat 1 alarm.

Cheers, Kate.

Guest prescience

If the temperature is freezing with the dial set to min and boiling elsewhere, it is most probably disconnection of a temperature sensor behind and in the driver's compartment. This is a common problem when for example a car has had a FI kit installed and it seems to become distrubed during the installation process. I have it myself in fact but haven't taken it to Abbey to get it fixed yet.

I don't have the Tech Manual to hand to identify exactly where the sensor is but someone will be able to help or do a search on my350Z Forced Induction forum - because I have seen it discussed there.

Guest prescience
Hi,

Thats really helpful. I have a technical workshop manual so I'll have a look.

Then my Zed will be perfect.

Cheers,

Kate.

No worries - if you find that sensor's exact location in the manual please post it up, I need the info. myself

Hi All,

The first female I do feel honoured! :blush:

I love cars...I wanted an Audi Quattro when I was 6, but no-one ever bought me one!

The name Bob is from Black Adder ( a girl callled Kate dressed up as a boy called bob). Its been with me for a long time.

I had a good look at my Japanese Sat Nav. Can i ask a blonde question? Do all of the sat Nav units have TV, DVD, MP3. I found the head unit last night, buried underneath the glove box. Just need to get it to speak English now. I just can't accept that you can get UK software for it. Got the Tv to work though! All the text on the head unit is in english too.

Thanks for all your help with my Ac prob. I'll let you know how I get on after the weekend.

Cheers,

Kate.

Sorry Kate but it's a bug bear with the JDM sat nav. Their is a company which does a conversion but they take most of the old stuff outand can cost up to £900. You'll also find that the radio frequency range is different and you'll not be able all the radio stations.

You'll need one of these to sort that out.

http://www.funkystyling.co.uk/item_deta ... prodID=369

if you ask chris nicely at funkystyling he may do you a bit of discount. ;)