All TPMS Sensors not returning Data

GranTurismoEra

All 4 wheel sensors not returning data. Ive been to the garage and i Received a print out of the issue. The light came on after 4 days of buying the car. The light was reset by my local garage and returned 2 days later. Would a good test be to fit a new sensor and see of the ECU picks it up?

Also is there some kind of receiver on the ecu that could be faulty. Do they work using radio frequency? Im scheduled to take it back to the garage for further investigation. RAC warranty are saying main dealer will have me footing some of the bill.

Edited by GranTurismoEra

• GranTurismoEra changed the title to All TPMS Sensors not returning Data

TPMS error code? If there's a check engine light, it's an MOT failure and would be "an unsafe and non road worthy car" which is covered by the consumer rights act. You bought a car and you expect it to work, if there was a problem, it should have been discussed before the sale and if it appears within 30 days of the sale, then the problem was likely there before the sale. 

If you bought private, then I'll let everyone else chip in with probable problems and fixes. 

Its an exclamation mark. Im working with them to rectify. 

Replacing one sensor could be a good test to see if any data is being received. If they were all installed at the same time 9-10 years ago at factory. Is it possible theyve all died simultaneously as battery life is 10 years. Its a 2012 Car.

Edited by GranTurismoEra

Are they the original sensors? Ever been replaced before? Any concerns about wiring? 

Tyres been recently fitted/refitted? Original alloys? Have they been knocked or incorrectly reseated? 

Any issues with moisture? Is the cold throwing the sensor/pressure off? 

They may be originals

Ive ordered new sensors. Worth a try. Process of elimination. They say cold weather affects the pressure by lowering it. So over inflate by 3-4 psi is a good trick.

The new sensors should last 5 to 10 years. I doubt its the TPMS module hopefully not as need to be ordered from Nissan.

Edited by GranTurismoEra