Scorpion exhaust 1yr review

HEADPHONES

Well 11 months but it's close enough.

Got the Scorpion Y-pipe and non resonated cat back exhaust with rolled tips supplied and fitted by my local Scorpion dealer in Stockport for £740.

The tips look only a little wider than OEM and have a nice little Scorpion logo embossed above.

I wasn't a fan of the slashed cut tips originally offered by Scorpion but they now come with OEM style rolled tips:teeth:

The clamps that join the tailpipes to the backbox are only visible from underneath the car and everything fitted 100%.

My only minor quibble is that due to the wider tips I can no longer get my hand between the top of the tailpipe and the bumper for cleaning and  polishing, but can get a MF mitt between held either side to shine them up like shoe polishers of old.

In 2 months I've done alot of motorway miles. 2 trips to London at 4-5 hrs each way and 2 Midlands meets at about 2 hrs each way, so thought I'd give some feedback.

The sound is hardly louder than stock on cold start up so very neighbour friendly.

When cruising, the sound is still civilised even at motorway speeds.

The sound does change to a more hollow tone at around 3k rpm but I wouldn't say it's an annoying drone........just not as pleasing as when it hits 4k and over when it sounds sweet as a nut.

So much so, I'll often not bother with 4th gear when going for a drive locally :lol:

I also now find myself driving with the window down more so I can hear the sounds bouncing off walls and underpasses as I open her up in 2nd gear.

I so regret sticking with the OEM one for 15 years :doh: but then again with the OEM one looking so damn fine it was hard to just dump them while still in good nick.

Despite the finish of the tips being so smooth they do tend to pick up stubborn contaminants more easily than stock and need an old clay bar every couple weeks to keep then glassy smooth.

I am on standard suspension and had to drive over some pretty scary speed bumps in London and my pet hate the speed mounds that just occupy the central part of your lane meaning the tyres go either side of it with you expecting to hear your exhaust flexis getting ripped off.

Thankfully no hint of a scrape:clap: so it's all well tucked up under the Zed's undercarriage

In conclusion, it's considerably cheaper than it's Invidia counterpart, which has more seemless pipework between tips and backbox. However, the tips are wider and look more meaty and you have the advantage of a lifetime warranty.

It's closest competition would be the Cobra, but even that was more expensive for me at the time, had a smaller (less attractive imho) back box and lacked the lifetime warranty.

https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9d8-IoUSaI?feature=shareIMG_20201030_132202.jpg.d278ab61d55e1990ff80bb325ea838b8.jpg

IMG_20210911_140633.jpg

IMG_20210911_135308.jpg

IMG_20210911_135131.jpg

IMG_20210911_140633.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 months later...