Jump to content

CD01 box value?


SteveW
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

Just wondering how much is a CD01 gearbox actually worth? Done 99,000 miles with no issues, no cruches, oil changed regularly etc.

 

Been trying to sell mine and kinda need it outta the way but wondered if I am asking too much at £550?

 

Everyone who messages me asks if it's CD09 and then says at my price they expected it was a CD09 and it's massively over priced. However, I've only seen them up around the £800-£1000 mark.

 

I know the market dictates the price overall just wondered on people's thoughts?

 

Thanks

Edited by SteveW
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • SteveW changed the title to CD01 box value?

Just a quick look on ebay shows CD01 starting at £500. I guess a couple of things going against you is that from what I have seen on here gearboxes very rarely need a complete replacement so buyers are going to be thin on the ground. Secondly anyone wanting a replacement is going to want to go for a CD09. I imagine the breakers you see on ebay sit on those gearboxes for months on end waiting to sell?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Worth minimum of £550.00 Steve, perhaps considerably more if some one needs one.

 

The cost for a gearbox overhaul is £1500.00 so £550.00 for a good fault free box is a steal.

 

Don't listen to those low ballers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I sold 2 CD001 gear boxes last year and I struggled to sell them for good price. One of them had only done 63K miles.

 

Think they sold for £250 a piece :(

 

Nobody seemed to want them, they all wanted the 009 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, coldel said:

Just a quick look on ebay shows CD01 starting at £500. I guess a couple of things going against you is that from what I have seen on here gearboxes very rarely need a complete replacement so buyers are going to be thin on the ground. Secondly anyone wanting a replacement is going to want to go for a CD09. I imagine the breakers you see on ebay sit on those gearboxes for months on end waiting to sell?

Thank you, maybe I just need to hang on longer. 

 

Ha wait until the engine comes out and then I really need the space....

 

46 minutes ago, ZMANALEX said:

Worth minimum of £550.00 Steve, perhaps considerably more if some one needs one.

 

The cost for a gearbox overhaul is £1500.00 so £550.00 for a good fault free box is a steal.

 

Don't listen to those low ballers.

 

Thanks mate, glad to know I'm not going crazy!

 

8 minutes ago, Ian said:

I sold 2 CD001 gear boxes last year and I struggled to sell them for good price. One of them had only done 63K miles.

 

Think they sold for £250 a piece :(

 

Nobody seemed to want them, they all wanted the 009 

Wow! Yeah everyone wants that CD009. 

 

Thanks everyone appreciate the input 👍

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...