Higher idle.

mr v6

I cleaned the throttle body at the weekend as it was filthy, got a lot of vapour from around the throttle plate too, all nice & clean now. I did the relearns from here & all of them completed perfectly: https://uprev.com/documentation/Resets-for-Nissan-Infiniti-Functions.pdf

Cold start prior to the clean would be dead on 1500rpm, then drop a little, then back to 1500rpm, after the clean & relearns cold start shoots to 2000rpm then a second or so later down to 1750rpm, then slowly makes it's way down.

The needle position is a smidge higher than it was before. Idle on operating temp prior to cleaning was 625 - 650rpm (using an ELM327 & Datascan). Now with all procedures done properly it's between 638 - 660rpm. Does this sound about right? My logic is telling me it maybe slightly higher due to the build up of crap on the body reducing the amount of air going in, resulting in a slightly lower rpm.

• 1 month later...