Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
stanski

Jaguar Consul do you think I'm sexy?

Recommended Posts

Look at it, well it looks fab from rear 3/4 front and back but a little too elongated from the side I think?:)

 

You can forget your autonomous rubbish but purely from a design perspective! :throb: Wowsers pig to park in a multi-storey though?

 

https://www.yankodesign.com/2020/09/30/jaguar-consul-is-an-autonomous-coupe-way-ahead-of-its-time/

 

Remember the Infiniti Essence that was a concept and a half?  Typical Infiniti makes something gorgeous like that and not build it! I think their business model is how can we continue to make boring looking cars for the US market and stay afloat? 

 

Then - will it wont it Maserati Alfieri?

 

There is a similar design thread isn't there? Coke bottle shapes. 

 

 

 

Jaguar-Consul_Futuristic_Concept-Car_Yanko-Design_hero.jpg

infiniti_tesla_2.jpg

maserati-alfieri-2018-f-wr0b.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reminds of an earlier futuristic Jaguar effort 30 years ago (XJ22) that did not exactly sell like hot cakes.....

1991 (19) JAGUAR XJ220 COUPE 3.5 2DR For Sale in Preston - Amari Super Cars  GB

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ebized said:

Reminds of an earlier futuristic Jaguar effort 30 years ago (XJ22) that did not exactly sell like hot cakes.....

1991 (19) JAGUAR XJ220 COUPE 3.5 2DR For Sale in Preston - Amari Super Cars  GB

Oh yes forgot about that one. We have a lot to thank the person who invented the Coke Bottle. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose it ultimately came from the E Type but I actually prefer the Toyota 2000GT.

 

 

jaguar_e-type_0849_1.jpg

screen-shot-2020-02-21-at-1-20-32-pm-1582309265.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Maserati wow...Love that look. Concept is nice. 

I know I was waiting, they actually built it didn't they then it went quiet looks like it could be a milk float now? Lets see more than I can afford anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've gone off the back of the maser now, it would need to be sharper these days but it's a lovely car and would certainly drive people wanting to own one (actually owning things is a different topic) but instead they went off and built a limited supercar that nobody will ever get the chance to own :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MDMetal said:

I've gone off the back of the maser now, it would need to be sharper these days but it's a lovely car and would certainly drive people wanting to own one (actually owning things is a different topic) but instead they went off and built a limited supercar that nobody will ever get the chance to own :(

That's the issue these things are designed 5 years before then they faff about by the time it's ready to come out its a bit old hat because things have moved on? The French are experts at knocking stuff out super fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol what the ZED should be minus the V8. A 2+2 V8 is not a bad thing for a GT version. What a shame it never reached the market.

 

Still needs an exhaust to open it up though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

lol what the ZED should be minus the V8. A 2+2 V8 is not a bad thing for a GT version. What a shame it never reached the market.

 

Still needs an exhaust to open it up though

They still say it will be made and sold next year but EV only I think. :thumbdown:

 

By the time they do we shall probably have hover boards. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

350z-uk.com

370z-uk.com

350z-uk.com

370z-uk.com

×
×
  • Create New...