Oil pressure woes

daveo132

Hi guys,

I'm after some advice here.

My oil pressure has been reading perfect since I got the car 2 years ago.

The other day the gauge started reading 120psi with the engine off so it seemed that installing a new sender was the most likely fix and i had a service due so good timing.

New sensor installed and now I'm barely getting over 25PSI on cold when driving.  If I turn the aircon off on idle I will sometimes get the oil pressure light on.

This all seems a little odd to me given that there were no issues before hand and now there suddenly is.

New sender is genuine Nissan and has been confirmed as the right part number.  Have I just got unlucky with a DOA sender?

Car is a Rev Up 07 plate with 108k miles on it new 5w 40 oil .  Later this week I'm hoping to get a mechanical gauge fitted to see what its really reading.

Any thoughts?  Everything else I've seen on this has been new sender fitted all issues solved.

@ZMANALEX Are you aware of any Nissan Sensors that may get sent out instead of the correct Oil Pressure sender?

It was ordered from Nissan and I'm just wondering if an incorrect one has been sent, just wondering if its something you've come across before?

Not having much luck just yet finding a garage that either has the time or a mechanical gauge...

Only reason its not gone back to where it was serviced is that its a bit of a drive and I want to rule out the low pressure before taking it further than just down the road.

Than said, it drive me home an hour the other day before I even looked at the sensor!

I'll have the part number tomorrow the mechanic that I use was working from a different location today so didn't have the invoice to hand.

However we're both in agreement that it must be a broken or incompatible sensor.

Oil is up to the max on the dip stick.  As said, the only reason its not gone straight back to the garage I use is that its an hour away from me (trusted place) and just didn't want to risk engine damage for something I might be able to figure out closer to home first.