Miami Advice

Jay

Hey guys just thought I would put up a wee post to find out a bit more info. Has anyone been to miami before? I am thinking of going the start of June with the mrs as she has now decided against Thailand ..................... Bloody woman :lol:

So any details or info would be much appreciated :thumbs:

Cheers jay :D

I've been - loved it. Stayed in a place caled the Pelican on the front. It's a boutique hotel owned by Diesel - would really recommend it! Got a good deal online too, so wasn`t too expensive.

http://www.pelicanhotel.com/

As for the place, depends what you're into. Good nightlife but can be quite elitist. The art deco aspect of things is great for a bit of sight seeing.

Been twice and loved it. Stopped at South Beach twice and stopped in the same hotel where they fimed the famous chainsaw scene in Scarface. :scare:

Totally loved it and had a hire car on both occassions, no problems at all. :thumbs:

Cheers guys! Yeh i think its south beach we are going to go! A bit worried about it being at the end of the rainy season tho lol! I would not be a happy bunny if it rained! hehe :lol: But the currency exchange is quite good just now so hopefully will make it more affordable!

Will have to visit that hotel mate hahah just to annoy the mrs so i can start quoting the movie :lol:

The hotel looks nice Kustard will run it by the mrs see wat she thinks! Cause if i get it wrong jeeezzz i would have a headache for 2 weeks, if you kno wat i mean :headhurt:

Cheers for the help guys :thumbs:

If anyone else has been let me kno what you thought :teeth:

Cheers guys! Yeh i think its south beach we are going to go! A bit worried about it being at the end of the rainy season tho lol! I would not be a happy bunny if it rained! hehe :lol: But the currency exchange is quite good just now so hopefully will make it more affordable!

Will have to visit that hotel mate hahah just to annoy the mrs so i can start quoting the movie :lol:

The hotel looks nice Kustard will run it by the mrs see wat she thinks! Cause if i get it wrong jeeezzz i would have a headache for 2 weeks, if you kno wat i mean :headhurt:

Cheers for the help guys :thumbs:

Went in October, loved it!

Stayed in Shore Club, best hotel along with Delano's. If you stay in either you get to walk straight into either ones bar/club (e.g Skybar) which are the trendiest places in Miami, where many stars hang out ;) A bit pretentious, but hey its Miami!!

Book hotel through website called www.rooms.net & get e.g Shore Club for almost 50% of rack rate. Also get down to Lincoln drive & Nikki beach B)

Not been yet, but from the pictures my brother has shown me, make sure you are wearing dark sunglasses to avoid being repeatedly chastised by the good wife! ;)B)

:lol::lol::lol: Cheers for the heads up, yeh defo been caught before, thats why all my sunnies are now blacked out B):lol:

Ahhhh SoBe..... The only place in the world that a female wearing a bikini and high heels to dinner is acceptable. Awesome place!

Stay near the beach, first or second street back. I wouldn't go for two weeks. Go to SoBe for maybe 5 days and head off to Naples or some of the other places.

Get a car and have a drive about. I toured about Florida in a convertible and it was awesome!

Girls in bikinis and heels :surrender: christ i may aswell just tell the mrs to slap me now lol. Will also try and work on the subtle out of the eye glances hehehe. Will i be able to hire a car in the states at 21? Ws tempted to go to miami for 5 or 6 days then boost up to orlando florida :thumbs:

You should be able to but you'll pay for it! I.'ve hired cars in the states at 22 or something.

Great holiday- Miami, Keys, Naples and Orlando. :thumbs:

Just do what I do and say 'check what's she's wearing, you wouldn't get away with that at home!' Then say things like 'she shouldn't be wearing that at this time of night' or 'is she famous? I'm sure I saw her in your copy of hello!'

Never fails! :teeth: