Car rental in Malaga

sl114

Hey all, i have booked a holiday to Marbella and flying into Malaga, but want to hire a car for the days i am there to get around as my apartment is about 10 minutes drive from Marbella and the beach (very important)

Does anyone know any good car hire companies? Ive looked at Avis and easycar and they are pretty cheap but are there any others?

Also, what is with the excess and insurance stuff they try to add onto the quote? Is it worth taking that out?

Avis everytime for me... Booked a Peugeot cabriolet a couple of years ago and when I arrived they said would I mind having a Mercedes cabriolet instead as the Peugeot wasnt ready and clean :yahoo:

You've never seen anybody snatch a set of keys sooo quickly..

Last year I booked with avis agian, within 20 mins of docking at destination some T**T banged into my hire car and did some serious scratches, when I returned it at the end of the stay Avis never turned a hair and didnt charge me a penny extra.. :thumbs:

cant recommend them highly enough

Use Avis bud, Malage airport is a building site at the moment and the roads around it are a mess. Avis will keep it simple.

Alternatively, to avoid the driving chaos at the airport I can probably get you picked up and dropped off at a rental spot nearer or at Marbella if you want. DO allow extra time with Malaga airport at the moment.

As with any insurance, waste of time if you dont need it. My chosen method of transport out there is a big old L200 with bull bars ;)

Use Avis bud, Malage airport is a building site at the moment and the roads around it are a mess. Avis will keep it simple.

Alternatively, to avoid the driving chaos at the airport I can probably get you picked up and dropped off at a rental spot nearer or at Marbella if you want. DO allow extra time with Malaga airport at the moment.

As with any insurance, waste of time if you dont need it. My chosen method of transport out there is a big old L200 with bull bars ;)

That would be great dude, i was advised if possible to pick up a car elsewhere if i can due to the airport being a nightmare at the moment.

Can you email me some details mate?

From what you are both saying, avis seems the way forward, i may be paying more, but i would rather know what i am getting and be assured that its all legit, than not, as you hear so many horror stories.

I am debating if we need a car as i am proposing that we just sit at the pool everyday and do nothing, then trying to add up the costs of going down to Marbella/Beach and getting a cab/walking.

Does anyone know the area at all? We are staying at an Apartment on Los Arqueros Golf and Country Club.

TBH bud I wouldnt bother renting a car unless you have places to go, a standard taxi fro Malaga airport to where you are staying will only be about double what I pay to Fuengirola so about 40 to 50 euros. I would suggest you do that and if you get bored and want to rent a car for a day every other shop does car rental. Taxis are pretty good and for Marbella the old legs arent far off the mark.

You are only about 10 mins from Marbella so a taxi is fine. Theres an airport bus to Marbella for 4 euros ;)

Anythink I can arrange would be about the same as a taxi, I really only use pick up services to save people having to try and find my apartment using Spanglish after their flight. You wont have that problem, everyone knows your place, great golf course :D

Are taxis pretty cheap for a ten minute cab ride?

Im trying to work out costs for and against having a hire car :thumbs:

Would say that I pay about 6 euros for ten mins in the taxi. I would get a coach or taxi to the apartment and chill, if you want a local hire car they are cheap enough so look at it when you are there. Bear in mind I can spend 20 mins trying to park after a ten minute drive :rant:

Will pm you the coach schedule to give you an idea. :D

Cheers buddy, got the coach details, sarah seems to want to hire a car so that we can go off to places when we want, which i sort of agree with, but working out costs, cabbing it is cheaper if we just want to go to the beach every day B)

Re excess insurance, as we all know, car hire companies try to sell you extra insurance to cover the huge excess they charge if you have a bump.I have an annual policy with www.insurance4carhire.com, costs £49 a year. If you have a bump just pay the excess and recover it from these guys. Saved me a fortune last year.