High rpm idle after cold start MY07

Mathys

I have a MY03 and my idle never exceeds 1300 rpm, even on a cold day.

However, a friend of mine has the 2007 model and his idle on a cold day (1 degree celsius) is around 2100 for a minute and then comes down.

Is this normal for the new model to have the increased idle rpm?

I have a MY03 and my idle never exceeds 1300 rpm, even on a cold day.

However, a friend of mine has the 2007 model and his idle on a cold day (1 degree celsius) is around 2100 for a minute and then comes down.

Is this normal for the new model to have the increased idle rpm?

Yep, mine does it and I've heard of others too. It only revs that high for say 10 secs before falling back though - not a minute.

I guess this down to the ECU - once the various sensors kick in everything then levels out - rather like some who experience extra power when driving off from cold - until the air/petrol mixture gets told the right ratio? :unsure:

I guess this down to the ECU - once the various sensors kick in everything then levels out - rather like some who experience extra power when driving off from cold - until the air/petrol mixture gets told the right ratio? :unsure:

i can see what you're saying but why dont all cars do it then ?

agree 2100 rpm is way to high on a cold engine

GC350z has confirmed his does it too. Its a MY07 thing.

must be an open loop thing , maybe its to do with the dual intakes ? more air/ more petrol til the ecu picks up the sensors :thumbs:

+1 :thumbs: - that's along the lines of what I was saying and the therefore the extra (cold) airflow puts the revs up that bit more

At cold start mine ildes at around 1700 rpm. Within a minute or so its down to 1k and then within a couple more 750-800. I tend to wait for it to settle before setting off - in a tight car park tickover at those revs is quick enough ;)

People always look at you funny starting it cold in car parks - like a Z needs more attention B)

Mine does it too...

It's great fun the way it hauls you out of the garage in the morning at 2k revs and you're cacking your pants in case you reversed in squinty the night before and are going to scrape a wheel arch :scare:

I do enjoy it.

It seems to drive on pure torque for the first 30 seconds. I start it up. Pull out of my space. Then take my foot of the clutch and gas and let her drive herself up the hill out of the undergroud.

On startup it revs to 1900 for a few seconds then drops to 1750. Sits for a short time before making its way down to about 800.