Keyfob issues - 2004

ManorACOG

Hi,

I have just purchased a 350z and when I got the car it had brand new car battery in it and also the fob wasn’t working. Once I got home I noticed the wrong battery was in the fob(along with wrong way round).  So I put the correct one in and I cannot open the car with the fob. 

I can open the car manually with the key but this sets off alarm every time I try and open the door till I put key in. 

I have tried all steps the forums have said, the trick with turning the key six’s time and then pressing the buttons. Also pulling key in and out. Also, I managed to get it into programming mode turning key six times but I still cannot get the key to connect. 

Any ideas before I ring Nissan? 

Edited by ManorACOG

16 minutes ago, ZMANALEX said:

Timpson is your friend.

Thanks for the reply. 

so can they program the key to the car? As it’s unlocks the car and starts it. Just can’t use the unlock and lock buttons. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, davey_83 said:

This works, just tried it after knocking my key out being silly

I ended up using that video! Thank you though!! Its great help as timpsons werent open.

Mine was weird though, it wasnt connecting at all. I vacuumed the sensor in the boot and it worked. haha No why! Lol

Thanks