New Pipercross induction kit, popcharger

lomoto

What a pain in the ass to fit, nothign really lines up to well, and the actual filter piece is more or less impossible to fit in with the heat shield, the clips all slip off with the rubbers, anyone fitted one any advice, thinking of scrapping it ! and just sticking with the standard one !

:lol:

Sounds like me!! I used to buy stuff, not even bother trying to fit them and then sell em for half price :bangin::lol:

And we loved you for it, thats why we keep telling you to get a Zed again :teeth:

What a pain in the ass to fit, nothign really lines up to well, and the actual filter piece is more or less impossible to fit in with the heat shield, the clips all slip off with the rubbers, anyone fitted one any advice, thinking of scrapping it ! and just sticking with the standard one !

Sounds like me!! I used to buy stuff, not even bother trying to fit them and then sell em for half price :bangin::lol:

And we loved you for it, thats why we keep telling you to get a Zed again :teeth:

I'd put Bigphil out of business though selling everything at half price :blush::lol:

I'd put Bigphil out of business though selling everything at half price :blush::lol:

We can keep it between ourselves, Phil doesnt need to know :thumbs:

We can keep it between ourselves, Phil doesnt need to know :thumbs:

+1 i'm up for sarnie's cast offs :thumbs:

ooh that doesn't sound right :headhurt:

did you find that the air duct feed, which supplies the codl air, that there is not enough room for the filter, the filter rubs against it, i see in your pic it does look quite tight as well, all on now and have to admit does sound awesome, but need to play about with a bit, to get a extra smooth good looking finish !

Thanks dudes !

did you find that the air duct feed, which supplies the codl air, that there is not enough room for the filter, the filter rubs against it, i see in your pic it does look quite tight as well, all on now and have to admit does sound awesome, but need to play about with a bit, to get a extra smooth good looking finish !

Thanks dudes !

It's over 2 years now since I put mine on, but I dont recall having any probs..the only thing that I found was that it was necessary to push the heat shield in slightly where it sits adjacent to the metal air con pipes as it may rub ?.. pity your not closer and I could take a look. aren't you going to the Wales run ?

Thanks dudes !

It's over 2 years now since I put mine on, but I dont recall having any probs..the only thing that I found was that it was necessary to push the heat shield in slightly where it sits adjacent to the metal air con pipes as it may rub ?.. pity your not closer and I could take a look. aren't you going to the Wales run ?

Yeah but no but yeah but something or nothing :lol:

it has sat in a garage for a total of a year though ;)

you know how you like to keep ya baby tucked up tim :cold:

Got to start using it now Mike , Jag's gone.., Jeep's gone :lol:

and the missus wont let me use her's as I "thrash it " too much :yawn:

:lol:, when i say i had probs, i just thought it would of fitted alot easier, as in my other cars i have had, all good though now boys, and lay off a bit, lol, i know i may have been a bit here and there last year, but people can change, lol.

Plenum spacer next, then polished plenum and throttle body, does big phil do these ? (Price)

:lol:, when i say i had probs, i just thought it would of fitted alot easier, as in my other cars i have had, all good though now boys, and lay off a bit, lol, i know i may have been a bit here and there last year, but people can change, lol.

Plenum spacer next, then polished plenum and throttle body, does big phil do these ? (Price)

No, Phil doesn't do anything like that, ever, or in the future.... :p

Give him a call, you can get all of it from him. ;)

• 2 weeks later...