Looking to buy 370z post COVID quarantine

Pyropower

Hi all,

New to the forum and very interested in joining the Z family.  I was getting hyped and looking for good deals, even managing to test drive one locally before everything went into lockdown.  So now when I'm on my days off I am trying to get plenty of research in regards to the cars, major issues, aftermarket parts that I will eventually throw on over time, etc.

Just wondering if you guys have any advice when it comes to buying your first 370z?  I'm trying my best to catch them as close to stock as possible and hopefully sub £10k.  I've found a few in the high £8k region which are relatively high mileage but I have heard that these engines are pretty bombproof if looked after so I'm hoping higher mileage cars aren't too big a problem.

Thanks all

Adam :) 

There is a whole section devoted to the 370z on the forum - have a browse through that. For early models, oil gallery gaskets are the main problem and need replacing. That and making sure you pull the steering lock fuse as soon as you get one.

Your first port of call is probably here 

Happy days thank you for getting back to me.  Sorry I had a quick scan but thought I would post a question then take some time this afternoon to dig my teeth into the content. 

So it looks like the 2012's and newer are a good shout if I can find one in the price range?  I suppose even if not I can replace them anyway, just got to hope they haven't caused too many other issues.