Hi new to the z scene!

Personally I prefer the 370 over the 350 because of the chunkiness of it... Both lovely cars, but it literally dwindles down to personal preference.

350 you'll be able to pick up way cheaper than a 370 - leaving more for mods

But the 370's styling is slightly more updated, so if you're looking to keep stock then that's where to place your money :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wayne370Z said:

Totally agree. I spend very little each month on fuel, even though it doesn`t go very far at all on a tenner, because I hardly use it. Insurance for some reason is dirt cheap, less than £200, must be age and location, but it`s really depressing when I think it`s costing me virtually £50 ever month now even if it never moves off the drive and I could probably change it for something with better performance and a lot less on VED. Doubt I ever will though!

Less than £200 on insurance is excellent. B) I pay £316 for the 370 and I was happy enough with that as it is a little bit less than I pay on a 2017 Mini Cooper S. 

The 370Z certainly gets under your skin for sure. :thumbs: I can also forgive the 22 mpg because I'm only doing around 2500-3000 miles a year in it. It would hurt if I used it daily though. I've run a V8 as a daily a couple of times in the past and the fuel bills ruined me! :cry:

1 hour ago, CalvinPomfret said:

Personally I prefer the 370 over the 350 because of the chunkiness of it... Both lovely cars, but it literally dwindles down to personal preference.

I've always loved the shape of the 350 but I also prefer the 370 shape more(just). Both fantastic motors though for sure. I've always lusted after the 350 GT4  Limited Edition in Yellow...after I sat in one when they first came out. :wub:

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Lee370Z said:

I've always loved the shape of the 350 but I also prefer the 370 shape more(just). Both fantastic motors though for sure. I've always lusted after the 350 GT4  Limited Edition in Yellow...after I sat in one when they first came out. :wub:

Agreed with the GT4 LE, Looks lovely that does

• Like 1

On 09/03/2020 at 19:02, MONKEYSOCKS said:
On 09/03/2020 at 17:37, Ebized said:

Good choice :thumbs:  From what we heard the GT4 engines were built to better tolerances and in a different engine shop than those fitted to the 2006 Rev-up engines in much greater numbers.

Didn't know that about the gt4 version. Made me happier with my pick, thanks.:thumbs:

Me too, have been meticulously checking the dipstick every week and wondering why it has barely gone down. Thanks for the info Ebized.

hours ago, Samoht said:

For £6.5k you really should have your pick of the DEs I reckon, just find one first registered before 23rd March 2006 for the lower tax.  If you find a GT4 special edition in budget then that would be ideal https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202003037953394

but they're rare and often carry a high price.

This could be a great find, I've just shared it to a mate who's looking for a Zed, but of course I'm biased :D

I'm going to go for a de as I feel I'll get something decent for the money , running costs doesn't worry me as it's only a second car and higher running costs is to be expected on any sort of performance vehicle, I will be looking to mod it I quite like the nismo v2 wing , how do the de engines respond to a remap with full bolt ons ? I hear the de engines have slightly higher torque figures but less peak horsepower than the rev up and hr engines, I'm quite handy with tools so I do service my own cars, are the 350z quite simple to service? 

For my DE I spent about a grand on a used aftermarket exhaust (about £400) bought sports cats another £400 plenum spacer (£100) and stillen induction kit (used £60) then paid £350 for the remap. I got an extra 16bhp at peak (remember this is just peak improvement, at lower revs you are looking at increases of something like 3-8bhp. You gotta be prepared that you will not get noticable extra speed, but you will get noticable drive improvements i.e. removing flat spots etc.