Updated clutch what have you got ?

nissanman312

So my slave cylinder is failing on my 370z 

While the box is out I'm going to change the clutch to an updated one as the car is nearly 500 bhp 

That been said the stock clutch has never slipped and held the extra power well.

I would like to maintain somewhere near stock road manners as that's what the car is mostly used for.

My question to you lot is what have you used and what's your experience with them 

And what would you recommend.

Thanks in advance 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/10/2019 at 17:19, ZMANALEX said:

Alex do you know if that slave supplied with the kit is uprated or dose it suffer the same issues as the stock one 

Edited by nissanman312

I used the Xtreme clutch, flywheel and concentric slave cylinder which is uprated by the way, it was in my old Z, for daily driving I actually hated it, heavier pedal, clutch was hard to modulate, had to rev the tits off it to get it going from a stand or on hill starts, chatter started wearing on me at low rpms aswell.

It was in the car nearly 3yrs and just before I got rid of the car I'm sure the CSC was starting to fail, if I launched the car hard I would get half a pedal back on the clutch like I did when the stock oem Nissan CSC started to fail and eventually blew. 

This is just my own personal experience and opinions. 

9 hours ago, nissanman312 said:

Alex do you know if that slave supplied with the kit is uprated or dose it suffer the same issues as the stock one 

The CSC is uprated mate, but remember and use uprated fluid.

I have never heard or experienced any of the issues that Dave6188 has had, which lends me to believe that it may have been a fitment issue in this instance.

1 hour ago, ZMANALEX said:

The CSC is uprated mate, but remember and use uprated fluid.

I have never heard or experienced any of the issues that Dave6188 has had, which lends me to believe that it may have been a fitment issue in this instance.

Thank you:thumbs: