New Driver playing bumper cars

Stew

My car is written off..... :surrender:

Luckily it was my Astra, now renamed the crashtra! Basically it was parked up on a street, I was nipping in to a takeaway to grab a pizza. It was closed so turned around to see a car bounce off of my crashtra, a megane coupe infront and then mince a 206 GTI and push it about 15 feet up the road.

The damage to the crashtra isn't too bad but it's still totalled. So, while waiting for a pay out it's time to buy a new car for the daily chores!

The girl that hit me only passed her test a few weeks ago but I must say her Mk V golf stood up to the impact really well.

Anyway, I'm away to count my pennies and see what I can buy now!

Oh No - at least your okay thats the main thing! :thumbs:

I was nipping in to a takeaway to grab a pizza

You see junk food really is bad for you (and your wallet) ;)

I hope you get something else soon - get a VW Transporter van like me - think how much wax you could fit in that for your Zed! :)

So glad I wasn't driving the Zed. I thought it was a drunk man so he was going to get 'injured in the crash officer' if it was for being so stupid. It was a young girl and I felt sorry for her. At least her and her passenger were ok.

At least I had stopped on the kerb before walking out to the drivers door! :wacko:

Phew, close one. On the brightside, any car search, even for a smoker is a bit of fun. :thumbs:

So true Digsy, it's actually more fun as I will take virtually anything that is decent!

When I looked for the Zed there was a small shortlist quickly whittled down. With this the possibilities are endless. :lol:

For those that wernt at Donny, the exat same thing happened to me in my Zed, she had only passed her test a few weeks before....

I wasnt there but she was nice enough to leave a note. We decided to keep it off the insurance so it didnt increase her premium.....

Hate to think what this young ladies is gonna be like....

Well she crashed while learning too! :lol:

I felt really sorry for her as it was a stupid error. I was happy to keep it between us but 2 people called the police! I didn't want to.

The police came round yesterday for a statement and they are sending a report to the procurator fiscal. I did stress that she was not speeding etc as me and my GF were only witnesses. I think she'll learn enough having to face her parents etc. No need for a prosecution.

I know! :lol::lol: I had to stop myself going to see a nice 1.9 GTI 205 too! I hanker after all these cars but know they'd be trouble as I'd end up fettling them!

The boring and practical is more along the lines of it as it must be able to go to B&Q and get filled full of stuff and get home again.

It's a bonus if my girlfriend would be seen in it. If she likes it then it's a joy!