Cobra exhaust not level

Kryptek49

I've got an 08HR with a Cobra back box, Miltek Y pipe and Torqen HFC. 

The back box at the rear doesn't look level, and because of this the exhaust tips don't have quite the same angle either. It's only minor but it bugs me slightly and I can't see a way to fix it. 

All the hangers are in place, and seem to be in good condition. 

Here's a photo of mine I took yesterday: IMG_20190705_193802.jpg.18914c4b21ffaaf90d932df608cbb01b.jpg

And here's a photo I found online of the same cobra exhaust: 

images.jpeg.56743e05ca03be19717f2f5831a2b0dd.jpeg

Anyone got any ideas on how to sort this? Based on that second picture it looks like my driver's side is too high up, and passenger side is normal height.

Thank you

5 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Could try bending the hanger on the drivers. What bits of the rear silencer can come off? 

The tips and the pipes from the back box  are both separate - so i can loosen the clamps and adjust those.  I did that yesterday and although its better it's still not right.

I hadn't thought of bending the metal hanger - may give that a go

I'd take off the 90° bends from the rear silencer and tips. Bend the hanger to try and lever the rear silencer, then fit the pipes and tips to suit. If the rear section sat level before it's strange that the additions have upset it but you don't have much choice.

4 hours ago, davey_83 said:

I'd take off the 90° bends from the rear silencer and tips. Bend the hanger to try and lever the rear silencer, then fit the pipes and tips to suit. If the rear section sat level before it's strange that the additions have upset it but you don't have much choice.

I've got no idea if it sat level before as I bought the car with this exhaust set up.  Thanks for the help I'll give that a go tomorrow and see how it goes.

1 hour ago, Daisyduke said:

You haven't got odd size exhaust hangers (rubber ones) or knackered ones have you? 

Does the exhaust have the hanger in the centre section as that would pull it that way.

The rubber exhaust mounts all looked the same.  I'm going to jack it up again tomorrow and see if I can spot anything odd, and then try bend the hangers

To bend the hangers (car mounted ones, not exhaust mounted ones) down I used a jack handle slid over them,  this made it easy to bend them down . To bend them up (not as easy) I jacked the car up and put blocks of wood under the car until they were touching the hanger and then lowered the car down which bent the hanger up

10 hours ago, Kryptek49 said:

I've got no idea if it sat level before as I bought the car with this exhaust set up.  Thanks for the help I'll give that a go tomorrow and see how it goes.

Possibly the centre rubber has worked it's way loose and could be off. With regards to bending hangers, I'd always say try this carefully to the exhaust mounted hangers and not the cars ones. Nothing wrong with the car, so try to adjust the exhaust mounted hangers accordingly.

1 hour ago, davey_83 said:

Possibly the centre rubber has worked it's way loose and could be off. With regards to bending hangers, I'd always say try this carefully to the exhaust mounted hangers and not the cars ones. Nothing wrong with the car, so try to adjust the exhaust mounted hangers accordingly.

Easier said than done sometimes