Exhaust Question

andybest

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there are any rear boxes other than the stock, that can be fitted to the rest of a stock exhaust?

I need to replace my stock backbox before it falls off and i dont want to spend a whole load of money at this point as i am being robbed for the next year by people who need paying for a wedding.. GRRRR.. :angry: Maybe i should just dump her and get a whole new exaust. :teeth:

I thought the scorpion was just a back box system

no.......... Y- piece back I think?

Cat back

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SCORPION-Cat-Back ... dZViewItem

Plus, its still slightly more expensive than an OEM back box from Nissan and way more expensive than a second hand backbox.

Andy - out of interest, what is the problem with your exhaust? Has the flange corroded where it joins the centre pipe? This is what happened to mine and I know a few other people have experienced the same problem.

Cat back

Plus, its still slightly more expensive than an OEM back box from Nissan and way more expensive than a second hand backbox.

Andy - out of interest, what is the problem with your exhaust? Has the flange corroded where it joins the centre pipe? This is what happened to mine and I know a few other people have experienced the same problem.

Thats exactly what has happend, i put it up on some ramps yesterday and took a look, its only the flange (got to love that word) that has corroded on the backbox side.

I took a pic yesterday too as i couldnt shrink my head enough to look above it.

Cat back

Thats exactly what has happend, i put it up on some ramps yesterday and took a look, its only the flange (got to love that word) that has corroded on the backbox side.

Seems to be a common problem :dry:

I paid £80 for a second hand back box and £40 to have it fitted. Someone else who suffered the same problem had it welded for £120. So all in all, you should be budgetting about that...

Cat back

Seems to be a common problem :dry:

I paid £80 for a second hand back box and £40 to have it fitted. Someone else who suffered the same problem had it welded for £120. So all in all, you should be budgetting about that...

£120 for welding !!! thats a joke :boxing: