GranTurismoEra

California Senator Proposes New High Speed Motorway

https://jalopnik.com/a-california-bill-aims-to-create-the-unlimited-speed-am-1832754745

Proposed Route 5 and Route 99 LA to Sacremento to San francisco with 4 lane Autobahn Freeway. As a rail link will take too long and cost too much to build. It would add two unrestricted lanes to both highways.

Also proposed a 100 MPH speed limit on certain sections. Some debate over the maintenance of a very flat motorway similar to the autobahn. This is basically a 382 mile Route!

Edited by GranTurismoEra

At 100mph I hope it won’t be one of the concrete sectional ones where your teeth rattle every 100 yards :scare:

LOL no way. I know what you mean as Ive lived there for 2 years. They definitely cant use that material. Similar to the concrete on certain sections of the M25. But I doubt they would ever use soft british style tarmac.

At the moment those two routes are rated 65 MPH I think. It took my brother a whole day morning till night to return to San Francisco from LA. 8+ hours driving. With an unlimited motorway could probably do it in 4 hours  :D

Edited by GranTurismoEra