Small 4x4

Stew

Ok, My sister says she fancies a new car. She really likes the look of the Quashqai.

I'm looking for other suggestions as I would like her to have a look around instead of being blinkered by one.

So, smallish 'high car' (she likes my mums CRV, she hates Dads Rangie) so you can get the kind of size of vehicle she wants to drive.

She wants an Auto as she is lazy! There must be enough room for her soon to be 5 year old daughters stuff to go in. I'd say must be durable as she she really doesn't care for her cars much to the annoyance of myself and dad.

So budget 18k max, not too worried about mileage and I've advised against new to cut down on the loss. Suggestions? :)

edit - doesn't have to be 4wd, just high up! Bloody women..... :lol:

That is what I've been campaigning Phil. Both me and Dad have had Lexus' (Lexi???) which were faultless. Toyota make very good cars!

I think the problem lies in the fact she likes the one with no spare wheel mounted on the back door and they are too new and expensive! It wouldn't bother me. I think I need to get her into one to see it makes sod all difference!

Just as a note, she has a Civic just now which has plenty of room in it.

She also likes the X3..... I'm not a fan of the looks to be honest but haven't driven one.

That is what I've been campaigning Phil. Both me and Dad have had Lexus' (Lexi???) which were faultless. Toyota make very good cars!

I think the problem lies in the fact she likes the one with no spare wheel mounted on the back door and they are too new and expensive! It wouldn't bother me. I think I need to get her into one to see it makes sod all difference!

She also likes the X3..... I'm not a fan of the looks to be honest but haven't driven one.

X3 is very overpriced, Sue's Rav has done over 100k now and never missed a beat still looks and drives like new.

example

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/ww ... x_mileage=

X3 is very overpriced, Sue's Rav has done over 100k now and never missed a beat still looks and drives like new.

example

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/ww ... x_mileage=

:thumbs:

If 4x4 really isn;t a must and if she wants relatively high spec in a newish car then she could look at the new Ford S-Max thing (I think thats the one). She could probably get a lot of toys in one for £18K and relatively low mileage.

Could also look at the Merc B-Class.

Both of these would seat her high up and will cost a lot less to run than the 4x4 equivalents.

My wife had a CRV until recently, and we considered similar options. The new CRV and the Rav4 were both considered but were a bit pricey at the spec we wanted. She ended up with a Qashqai and no regrets so far. It's the 2.0 litre petrol with CVT box. Very smooth and comfortable (her priority as she found the seats of the CRV very firm) with lots of toys in the Acenta spec. There's fewer storage spaces in the front and the boot is smaller. The mpg is not great at 33-35 on average, but is better than she was getting with the CRV. Insurance is a lot cheaper, too. :thumbs: