Noise from Front Right area over a certain speed?

jimbosmith

Hi everyone.  

My 2005 350z has a loud rumbling/rubbing noise coming from the Front right area, but it only starts it over a certain speed. 60-70mph.     Other than that it sounds fine and feels fine.   Its a very loud and noticeable noise and stops as soon as you drop speed below 60 again.   Any thoughts of where i should look first?       

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Fixed Loose undertray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by jimbosmith

Sounds like shock absorber bushes to me ... someone more qualified will be along shortly with an answer

ETA After a second listening it sounds more like the engine under-tray or wheel arch liner

Edited by ATTAK Z

7 minutes ago, ATTAK Z said:

Sounds like shock absorber bushes to me ... someone more qualified will be along shortly with an answer

ETA After a second listening it sounds more like the engine under-tray or wheel arch liner

Ok Thanks il have a look there in the morning.  I have had the undertray off on friday as i did a oil change and it was missing a few bolts but i thought i had ziptied the rest together but i will investigate further.  My first thoughts were its something flapping as it only happens once you get up to speed.  Visually everything looks okay suspension wise on that side of the car.  The cars new to myself, only had it 5days and so slowly working through a service on it and getting to know it all. 

Checked the tyres? Sat in a car with a mate a few weeks back (albeit Audi A1) and his tyres were bald and the walls were disintegrating :dry:

Wasn't impressed and he ended up having to repair some damage - all sussed out because there was a cyclical noise at high speeds