911 GT2 RS vs rivals @ Anglesey

davey_83

22 hours ago, davey_83 said:

Didn't think the GTR would lap faster than the Ford GT. Pretty sure the AMG stuff are now a better all rounder than the M Power cars. 

I would imagine somewhere like Spa or Silverstone the GT would be way quicker just because of the aero, i know they were all pretty close but seeing as the Lotus is pretty much designed for the circuit rather than modified from a road car, i would have thought it would have been the fastest, i guess thats what comes from putting on a couple of hundred kilos from the original and staying manual, despite the power, i cant think a sport 380 would be that far behind at 40% less.

• Like 1

I read the magazine article before this vid came out. Evo magazine went through a rocky phase but is back on form these days and I really enjoy articles and features like this one.

Think the Lotus is doing well just to be in this test and posting a serious time in the process. The GT is a massive disappointment given the promise of a race car on the road which seems to not be in a different class on track while being compromised on the road over the others too plus being massively more expensive.......I'm sure a different circuit would suit the GT better but finding the time its trailing the GT2 RS I doubt it.

The AMG is just awesome and would be my pick of the lot too, such a complete car that delivers on every level..........a 700hp GT series Porsche is always gonna be something special and a major target for all manufacturers to aim at! 

After recently doing Anglesey Coastal circuit (albeit in slippery conditions) seeing that these cars are taking Church (big balls corner) at 82-86mph and heading on up into Rocket at 132-144mph is seriously impressive!! In the Z I was 75 and 110mph in the same points with lap time of 1min24sec.....10-12secs slower than this lot!!! 

• Like 1