Help!

SiriusProjects

Hi All,

I purchased some Z badges a few days ago and they arrived today.

Went out this evening to fit them and first had to remove the old ones. I used a heat gun, being careful not to get to close and all went well with the rear badge. However on doing the front badge exactly the same way, some of the paint work came away with the adhesive! I ended up with an area about 4cm x 3cm with no paint on it. It's not as if it's hidden either as the new badges don't have a solid back so the damage can be seen through the gaps. Plus some of the damage is right near the edge of the badge recess as well. Beginning to wish I left the Nissan badges on now. 

I'm thinking a respray might be required to sort it out, but was wondering if just the badge recess and a small area around it could be done or would the entire panel need respraying?

Your thoughts and advise would be appreciated.

37 minutes ago, John Hannon said:

Are there no “smart” repairers in your area?

Ive used a couple in areas where we live and they’ve done an excellent job very reasonably 

My experiences with smart repairers are unfortunately not the same as yours.

I would now always take the car to a body shop and pay the extra premium to have the whole panel resprayed.

The smart repairer that messed my door up charged £200 to fix a dent, and a body shop quoted £250 to completely respray the panel.

Definitely worth the extra money, especially if you have stone chips etc.

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, sipar69 said:

If you have a white Z get the whole bumper done.  Seriously, it's all but impossible to blend just one area of the bumper due to the three stage finish. 

I've had resprays done on other cars before and every bodyshop I have used has always advised doing the whole panel rather than trying to do just a specific area.