Any guides on replacing the banana arms?

Jay M1988

It's pretty easy, get the car up, wheels off both sides, get the bolts off the wheel hubs and then off the sub frame. You can usually just slacken the two bolts in the furthest side of the subframe so you can wiggle them off, saves the subframe falling off and the faff of putting it back on! Do check to see If your arms have the cones otherwise you'll need to pop the ones off your old arms :)

You'll definitely need a breaker bar or torque wrench! 

What he said ^^ 

Pretty easy job. I took my subframe off and gave it a good clean up and a hefty coat of black hammerite to help ward off rust for a little longer.

If you can get a shot of an impact gun I'd recommend it as it will make your life easier for stripping them off.

• 2 weeks later...

Also be prepared that the centre tube of the bush may be seized to the stud it's attached to, happened on one side of mine. Had to get the grinder out and carefully trim it away, although luckily the rubber had come away from the tube when the bush failed making the job easier.

• 1 month later...

It can be quite an easy job, but if the center tube is rusted a major PIA. My driver's side came right off, the passenger side took me some time, it was literally rust welded. Even after cutting it up with a Dremel, I had to spray anti-rust WD40 for overnight to get it to budge with a larger pipe wrench. 

It can easily go from an afternoon job to taking an extra day imo, depending on the cars mileage.

Also be careful removing the nut from the captive chassis bolts, there have been cases where the bolt's were snapped off. Make sure the the breaker bar is on straight before torquing. (I pressed it against the chassis with a lift)

DSC_0140.JPG