Getting my first car soon and need help!

Hello :)

I'm new to this community so I'm sorry if making this a 'new topic' isn't right. 

I'm going to be driving very soon and would like some help. Iv'e been looking around for a nice first car and i came across the 350z as I've seen that buying one pre-owned is about £5000 to £10,000 and this is a great price for me. but as i know this is a sports car I'm worried about the insurance due to being a young driver. i don't intend to race the car around, i just fell in love with the look and sound, i also like the idea of rocking up to collage in it haha. but if anyone could help me out with the insurance prices and whether the car is worth buying it would be greatly appreciated. 

thank you :)

The car is great but not really a recommended first car. Without wanting to sound like Dad ( im only in my 30's) The insurance is gonna be through the roof. Only a few companies will do it, if you are 18 or so, and its gonna be a think of a number, add a nought and treble it kind of quote. Then you have due to the age, (as with many older cars) the fact that the clutch, exhaust, gallery gaskets, arms and many other common probs could need replacing at any point so you need to have a grand or 2 contingency funds available or you could be left with a great looking car sat on the drive not moving.

Saying all that, i'm sure it will pull you the girls (or boys) shame there's no back seats, and if you can afford it, go for it, just don't go driving silly in the wet until your comfortable with the car.

Dad advice over.

• Like 1

:welcome: to the forum. The 350z is a fantastic car and I absolutely love mine but I'm not sure I'd recommend it as a first car mainly due to the fact they're RWD and pretty powerful so you could end up in a bad situation if you haven't got a bit of experience. 

How old are you exactly? Like Glen said I can imagine if you're 17/18 with 0 years NCB then insurance is going to be massive, I'd guess around £4000+

Plus you've also gotta factor in running cost like tax, fuel, parts etc none of which are cheap. 

If you've got the money and you're sure you can handle it then I'm sure you won't be disappointed if you buy one anyways. They're great fun to drive, sound amazing and really look the part in my opinion B)

• Like 1

Welcome aboard BradleyZed1. :welcome:

Without knowing your age it's a little hard to gauge but either way as a first car regardless of your age the 350Z would be expensive. I completely understand where you're coming from though as do the others above, ...hell we were all young once and the Zeds a great looking car. ;) 

One of our youngest Zed owners on here was around 18 I believe so owning one when you're young is not beyond the realms of fantasy although as mentioned the insurance won't be cheap and some companies won't even cover you for such a powerful sports car. 

There are things that certain insurance companies will offer to help bring premiums down for younger drivers, first time drivers or just drivers in general like the black box option whereby they can monitor your driving or curfews etc. Your best bet is to try getting some quotes from various companies as well as trying the online comparison websites like GoCompare. 

https://www.thinkinsurance.co.uk/landing/google/black-box-insurance/index.php?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5peEk7aI2wIVbTPTCh1pmgV7EAAYAiAAEgKgGfD_BwE

https://www.confused.com/campaign/car-insurance/black-box?&mediacode=1583&mckv=soPS4hZTv_dc|pcrid|228878411022|pkw|black box insurance|pmt|e|slid||pgrid|49617608124|ptaid|kwd-326379458394&mkwid=oPS4hZTv&intent=ca-ins-si&ptaid=kwd-326379458394&loc=9045648&aud=kwd-326379458394&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5peEk7aI2wIVbTPTCh1pmgV7EAAYASAAEgIqPPD_BwE&pgrid=49617608124

http://www.gocompare.com/?media=A147134&PST=1&device=c&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIp_WD2LeI2wIVRj8bCh3tGg31EAAYASAAEgKUe_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=COPr_Ny3iNsCFVg6GwodzzQJWw

Personally though with my sensible head on I'd say if I was you I'd buy a cheap low powered car, get through your first year driving, get some experience under your belt (maybe even doing a driving course, drift course etc) and bide your time so you can maybe then get a Zed after that year has passed. :thumbs: