Engine temps

Ceejay29

Does anybody else find that their zed chucks out a lot of heat? The temperature gauge confirms that there is nothing to worry about; it’s not overheating. Although when I lift the bonnet it is super hot! 

Wondering if a performance rad and shroud kit would help. 

Yep, its an inherent by-product of a big engine crammed into a "small" space. Mine gets ridiculously hot. I have a Mishimoto Rad (although many say this is worse than OEM) and mishimoto oil cooler. Temp gauge has never been above midway even on track but even after just a short drive you can open the bonnet and cook your breakfast on the engine if you wanted. Remember I had the car in the garage once after a long drive, left the bonnet up to help it cool down, I was down to my undies after 10 mins it was that warm in garage due to engine heat. I think a vented bonnet would def help get rid of some of the heat build up.

• Haha 1

Still on oem fans, like i put, i have had no issues with mishi rad, def does the job as it gets lava grade hot but that adds more heat into engine bay, at least its not inside the engine is my view.