New Member JDM Import

Hi All 

We bought our first 350z a couple weeks ago, convertible in orange, we bought the car knowing it needed a new roof, that the back lighting to the dials and trip computer weren't working, but I do like to fiddle, but we want to keep the car as standard as possible. 

Found a set of manual leather seats on Ebay with the orange centre section... had to have them, manual but so much lighter than the worn cloth ones. 

The control unit had to be removed from the passenger seat and reconnected to fool the roof into thinking the electric passenger seat was there, so that's the seats fitted. 

I then set about removing the aftermarket double din radio, as we were given a 2004 original Bose CD/Tape player, the power for the aftermarket radio had been taken from the air con controller, after more fiddling and swearing............ replacing the mirror fuse in the drivers foot well fuse box the radio said secured !... but the trip computer and dial lighting came back to life .. plus the mirrors as well, took a bit of googling as my fuse cover is in Japanese. 

The radio wouldn't connect to the ECU, to allow the 4 digit code to be entered, the radio was taken to Fullers near Woodbridge, who supplied the radio code, plus they sent it away and had the sync code for the ECU wiped, so that all works .. then found a Bose upgrade kit on Ebay .. I'll fit that when it arrives. 

The Z has a new mohair roof fitted and a stainless back boxes (as one of the tips fell off) .. now sounds the part as well 

Still bits to fiddle with, fit the Bose speakers, drivers door anti trap has lost it memory and there are bits of rust here and there which will be sorted over the winter. 

Looking forward to getting out and about and hopefully attending a few event 

Thanks for reading Mark 

20180403_182634635_iOS.jpg

20180403_180049036_iOS.jpg

20180424_170007157_iOS.jpg

20180410_164517773_iOS.jpg

20180410_191025463_iOS.jpg