kmh and mph question

IanS16

Hey guys,

Just a quick question, got my z last thursday from a private seller. The car is an 02 plate and was imported by bonsai cars in 2006.

I have the black dot over the k(mph) on the speedo and the digital display says kmh but must be in mph as it matches the analogue speedo.

My question is whether the kilometers per litre and DTE are in kilometers or have also been converted to miles.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I have the same thing in mine - the speed reading on the pod seems to be in miles but the dte is either very optimistic, or it's still in km.

Think you can buy a replacement uk dash pod, with everything in miles and mpg? But this isn't top of my list, so not looked into it myself. Maybe someone else can help?

Steve

As far as I can work out, the DTE is in kms., the average speed is in kph and the fuel consumption is in kilometres per litre. You can convert that by multiplying the figure by 4.5 (litres to gallons) then dividing by 5/8 (kilometres to miles).

Mines the same - digital speed indicates Kmh but is actually mph (speedo conversion) but the rest appear unchanged and are still in Km

Heres a table for the KM/Ltr

Km/Ltr Miles Per Gallon (U.K.)

2.00 = 5.65

4.00 = 11.30

6.00 = 16.95

8.00 = 22.60

10.00 = 28.24

12.00 = 33.89

14.00 = 39.54

16.00 = 45.19

Mines the same - digital speed indicates Kmh but is actually mph (speedo conversion) but the rest appear unchanged and are still in Km

Heres a table for the KM/Ltr

Km/Ltr Miles Per Gallon (U.K.)

2.00 = 5.65

4.00 = 11.30

6.00 = 16.95

8.00 = 22.60

10.00 = 28.24

12.00 = 33.89

14.00 = 39.54

16.00 = 45.19

Excellent table! ...but is it just me, or are the last four entries really required for the Z??? :surrender:

Steve

Excellent table! ...but is it just me, or are the last four entries really required for the Z??? :surrender:

Steve

yea not chance at getting those type of figures but I did get a 13.6Km/Ltr once or was I dreaming. :wacko:

PS for those who dont know its an average Km/Ltr figure shown on the pod, you need to press reset while driving and then it will give you an actual and start a new average from then - takes about 20 seconds to calc when reset.

well thats looks as clear as mud, I hope you all can understand my poor explanation :blush: