Fitted my engine dampner today

P15UL T

looked easy :dry:

only a few bolts :dry:

an hour and a half of freezing, cutting you in half wind and freekin sore hands :rant:

i finally finished :yahoo:

as i was severly drunk last night i didnt take her out for a test drive - but hey it looks cool B)

100_2241.jpg

100_2240.jpg

100_2239.jpg

100_2238.jpg

100_2237.jpg

100_2236.jpg

100_2233.jpg

your engine looks really good mate, very impressed B)

think the engine damper adds a nice touch. let us know how it feels when you drive as i was considering one :thumbs:

Hi Paul,

Please forgive my stupidity but what does it do?

Your engine bay looks very smart and very clean, certainly puts mine to shame :thumbs:

its been referred to on other threads as a torque damper. sinbad said

'They are meant to reduce movement of the engine, which increases the initial torque when you press the accelerator and its meant to help make gearshift changes slicker. In all honesty i dont think the Zed needs it. Ive got one on my DC5 but thats because ive got a full through aftermarket exhaust and i need it to prevent vibration on the ARB.'

and gixxeruk said

'This high quality Weapon R engine damper effectively controls your engines physical rotation due to torque. Factory engine mounts allow your engine to rotate slightly. This rotation causes a loss of torque that is trying to be delivered to the drivetrain. By installing a torque damper that rotation is reduced and the torque is delivered to your drivetrain making your vehicle faster and more responsive.'

apparently, the vibration of the engine is spread out into the chassis and you hear more creaks and noises inside the cabin. would be interested in one if Paul gives it a good review.

anyone know if there are there any negatives except extra cabin noise?

looking good.

we have these in stock at the moment for £50 each, sorry if I have hijacked your thread Paul

lol no probs phil, and i would like to thank you for supplying my polished tanks, plenum, throttle body and bolt sets which all add that extra bling :thumbs:

looking good.

we have these in stock at the moment for £50 each, sorry if I have hijacked your thread Paul

lol no probs phil, and i would like to thank you for supplying my polished tanks, plenum, throttle body and bolt sets which all add that extra bling :thumbs:

Our pleasure, sure does look good. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
Paul , you didnt give us any feedback - was it any different to drive ?

:lol::lol::lol:

thats cause i havnt drove it yet :blush:

went to start it at the weekend and the battery was dead, so i have removed it and gave it to my mechanic to charged it for me, with the missus not driving it everyday at the moment it dosent get used every week, as long as its running for the trip to donny i will be happy :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...
Paul , you didnt give us any feedback - was it any different to drive ?

:lol::lol::lol:

thats cause i havnt drove it yet :blush:

went to start it at the weekend and the battery was dead, so i have removed it and gave it to my mechanic to charged it for me, with the missus not driving it everyday at the moment it dosent get used every week, as long as its running for the trip to donny i will be happy :thumbs:

Have you driven your car yet?

sorry forgot about this post, i have driven it although not spirted as i have managed to warp my front brake discs breaking in my new pads, to be honest i dont get to drive the zed as often as i like and dont think i would notice the difference cause of this :blush:

sorry forgot about this post, i have driven it although not spirted as i have managed to warp my front brake discs breaking in my new pads, to be honest i dont get to drive the zed as often as i like and dont think i would notice the difference cause of this :blush:

Mate you sure you've warped the discs? I hear from good sources that you near as damn it cant warp modern discs. I thought I had done mine when I bedded mine in, but turned out it was some pad transfer on the disc. Did the bedding in again, got rid of the build up and all is fine and dandy again. Just need to remember to leave the car in gear rather than on the handbrake if I've been for a spirited drive :blush:

No probs, easily done. When you did manage to drive it, did you notice any extra rattle or cabin noise? I'll get one if it doesn't sound much louder :thumbs: