Silver 350... what colour alloys??? Bronze...

Rob350

I'm going to be painting my standard silver rays in a month or so, I'm struggling envisioning my beast with different coloured alloys. Iv been routing through Google and decided I quite like tis dark bronze.

Does anyone know what colour bronze it is by any chance??

Also any other colour suggestions?? (Other than black, I like to be able to see the detail on alloys)

Cheers

jdmst_20070731_eomm_02.jpg

Edited by Rob350

Thanks for the pic mate, Gunmetal was my 1st thought but like you say black and gunmetal is quite common.

Again if anyone knows what colour the dark bronze is??? Or has suggestions for a good colour on silver.

muchos gracias

Rob I don't have a photo of when I did my rota's but can help with a good colour that I used on my GM 350 a year ago.

It's as close as I could get to the Volk bronze. The colour believe it or not was mixed at halfrauds, it's from the fiat colour range.

This may help you - fiat 750 marron volciano

It came out great with the dry finish lacquer.

Hope this helps you and others.

15 minutes ago, Jay M1988 said:

This may help you - fiat 750 marron volciano

I looked at this colour when getting mine done but as it was powder coat the colour was way off. Yours looks really really good!! Is that just a matt lacquer finish? I'm getting the Nismo wheels done this year and bronze is a big contender again.

This was my old 370. I had the wheels done in BMW Sepang Bronze, matt finish. Close ish to the Volk colour, perhaps a little dirtier.

IMG_3669.JPG

IMG_3668.JPG

Hey Matt,

These were painted by me in my garage, halfrauds knocked it up for me in the custom tins and yup the matt lacquer. Looked dark at one angle but when the light hit them could see the bronze shine.

I have seen quite a few use the BMW Sepang also, looks brilliant.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jay M1988 said:

Hey Matt,

These were painted by me in my garage, halfrauds knocked it up for me in the custom tins and yup the matt lacquer. Looked dark at one angle but when the light hit them could see the bronze shine.

I have seen quite a few use the BMW Sepang also, looks brilliant.

I'll be painting mine in my garage also, could you tell me an exact list of what paints and lacquers you used to paint yours with?? I don't want a proper glossy shiney finish, but at the same time I don't really want a dull Matt finish. Just abit of shine like your pic or my pic I posted.

I'll be sanding by hand and tapeing up the tyre then painting.

so did you buy a Matt bronze paint to your colour code then clear lacquer after??    

Edited by Rob350

Can’t give you a list as it was just from Halfords. Gave them the above code, bought the primer and dry lacquer from there also. I spent a day sanding, a day and half painting and a day and a half lacquering haha.

So to clarify buy the paint above, then a dry finish lacquer to get the same affect.

35 minutes ago, Jay M1988 said:

Can’t give you a list as it was just from Halfords. Gave them the above code, bought the primer and dry lacquer from there also. I spent a day sanding, a day and half painting and a day and a half lacquering haha.

So to clarify buy the paint above, then a dry finish lacquer to get the same affect.

So basically, I want some grey primer...

some fiat 750 volcano bronze paint... do I ask for Matt or gloss or anything?? Or just that colour of paint??

And then dry finish lacquer is what makes it not so shiney...

If i was to choose a different shade of bronze, or a metallic shade of bronze I could still use dry lacquer to dull the shine abit??

I appreciate the help :thumbs: iv spray painted things before but just basic gloss and Matt black, so this is abit more technical lol 

Correct on both mate, just get the paint and a dry lacquer gives you that less than gloss finish. Don’t be scared when coating up with the lacquer it looks hazy almost. Once properly dry wash the wheels down and you’ll see the true finish.

its fine, just same steps as you would with any other paint just change the lacquer out.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jay M1988 said:

Correct on both mate, just get the paint and a dry lacquer

Cheers mate, just one last thing... I've googled dry lacquer and I can't find anything, do you mean Matt or satin lacquer?? Also how many coats of lacquer did you put on??