Le Mans 2018 16-17 June

Nismoandy

Dose anyone in the club  want to go Le Mans ? I have been for a number of years, and I relies that  some of  the clubs members attend this marvious event regularly . This is ment to  help those members who have never been or others who would like to go as a group !.

So I have been I contact with a  company called  (  Village  on the curves  )   I do realise there are other  companies , but I am giving you this as an example!  So I am not selling them! 

Any way please look them up and see what they have to offer , if you like , or want go , can you start a  list below of ,

members names 

if  we have a genuine interested in this event , I will get a booking reference  number to book with them , you book directly with them and you choose what package you want. 

I  know they have a lot to choose from , how much then,!  Well as a very ruff guide if two people go in one car eg 350z - 370z  per person  around £550 this will include admission to the race, ferry, campsite facility showers ,etc,  it dose not include petrol tolls ,tent, food, pulse the campsite is situated on the Porshe Curves . So very loud while the race is on !  

Also just to let you  know a lot of people would travel down on Wednesday  , or  , Thursday ,and go home on the  Monday ,this may help,up to you

Any way I hope that you may be interested in this  event ,or if can't make this year maybe next year?? 

Most of the answer will be found on their website ( village on the curves ) ,if  you can't find the answer I maybe able to help,drop us a line

Thanks . Nismoandy 

Not for me this year, not with the state that LMP1 is in. I know there’s more to it than that, and the atmosphere & extensive drinking habits are equally (if not more) important, but I’m not encouraging the ACO by going myself. 

Porsche Curves is a great place to watch from though, just a shame it’s such a trek back to the main area! :lol: I love watching the night racing from there, some great views. 

£550 is a rip, look elsewhere. 

Im back with my usual crew for the 12th year running, theme for this year is the one Ive always wanted to do - we are building a pub. Bar, pumps, optics, picture of queen, dartboards, round tables with mismatched chairs and stools, massive ashtrays .......... possibly a genuine pub carpet as well.    

We will also have a history of our crew at LM with all of the T-shirts, all the players and some choice stories on display, if you want to drop in we will be the very large marquee on Houx, come join us for a pint :)

Last years theme was Las Vegas, we had gaming tables and everything:

lm17.jpg.8be3efda800084d3016f616a730cf532.jpg

Edited by docwra

Thanks Andy (Nismoandy)  I don't agree that what Village on The Curves is offering is a rip-off because you know what you're getting before you book, you know the price beforehand. They have staff, a big marquee with massive TV and a subsidized bar,  pre erected tents, all meals if you want them (extra cost) 24 hour security etc. All this costs money and you are buying a service. We have been going for 13 years, always do our own thing and it costs about £250 p/p excluding petrol tolls food drink. As I'm getting older and a bit lazy, an organised for me Le Mans is tempting and I realsise I will have to pay extra for it. £500 for the entire weekend aint so bad especially if I arrive tent erected, bar with TV waiting for me. It also means I can go in the Zed instead of the van !

Docwra, I recognise you lot as we always stay on the Houx with the TVR Manbulance lot. Will pop over for a beer ................. or5a57a6d023233_AllansSupra2012.jpg.c276fc81bebf2e11e44ae240df9768f2.jpg six

• Like 1

@Rs2oo nice one, car looks familiar and I end up at the Manbulance absolutely hammered most years so its quite possible we will have met already :lol:

And the reason I say its a rip is we are looking at £150 a person based on two sharing a car, that includes £20-30 towards the van and stuff - the offer above basically adds a ferry crossing for another £400, theres no mention of tents and if the the bar was subsidised I didnt notice last time I "found myself" in of these things ....... ;)

Theres security on Houx anyway, there are bars all over the circuit and the Porsche Curves, while cool are a long way away from the main drag too. If the food and beer were chucked in and tents up when you arrive I could see it, but a cheap barbecue, a coolbox full of ice and a couple of trips to Carrefour and youll have just as good a time but £1K left in your collective pockets. 

FWIW Ive just had a look - entry tickets are EUR 82 for the week and camping at Beausejour is £70, thats just over £100 each. Fair play if you want the package above but go in with your eyes open is all Im saying :)